• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Brushless Baja, Custom Carbon parts, MGM 15s ESC. 2028.

Highlander

Just fitted mine up this weekend mate and no issues whatsoever - using the same Hostile hub carriers as you (tho with stock rose joints currently) and 4 degree blocks

However, I am running limiting cables, cos they seem to stop the fouling! discovered this when i first built the SC, rubbed the boots away, then the toobz made their own dent in the rpm arm, so fiddled with the limiting cables, problem sorted! I've fitted Killer 13mm spacers too to ensure consistency both sides...

looking very nice, and strangely familiar...

I had to put 4 washers under the esc when re-mounting it to clear that strange screw in the top of the quickdiff....

Ha, hard these days to build a baja not quite like someone else's, There's always somebody out there with the same colours or parts ect lol

yea i did wonder about the screw, I think im still going for an MGM at this point so i will have to make some sort of mounting system for it which il make it to clear the screw. Not that the screw is really needed, just extra support i guess.

Some better pics of current process, alot still missing, some just test fitted for the moment to take measurements for things ect. Windows will be replaced with smoked black or something.

gMWcE.jpg

kCAjy.jpg

Edited by H1GHLAND3R

Not alot left i can hop-up really, i need some more updated pics, i washed the wing a little while ago lol :P

Mainly want to get the front ball joints upgraded and parts of the sterring assembly atm.