• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Ah ok thanks for the info. Already had a WP-SC8 and the Castle Motor and the roller has the transmitter and receiver.

Just need to get 

Shell

Servo - maybe an Altrun AAS752MG or do the Traxxas 2075 servos fit as I already have one of those?

Wheels was thinking either Proline Gladiator or Big Joe 2

MB Models has a Savage XS body in stock :thumbsup:

Your Traxxas 2075 servo will fit and will be ok to get you started but it is a bit weak so will need replaced at some point.

You'd be better with a high torque servo, the Alturn AAS750MG will be fine.

Where are you planning on running the truck? It doesn't have much ground clearance so it's more suited to short grass, gravel, skate parks. HPI Ground Assaults in D compound or HB Powerpins in white compound suit the truck well.

How do i get more cooling on the vapor esc as this weekend has seen me waiting for it to cool down more than bashing?! Grrrr.

Best bet is to take the Vapor ESC off the XS, and stick it in the freezer. Then, while you are waiting for it too cool off put something like an SC8 WP on and run that.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a great little ESC, and unlike the Vapor isn't prone to overheating and killing itself.

Yes, of course it does. If you look through this thread you will find lots of people (including me) have replaced the Vapor with the SC8 on the stock motor.

Edited by Slugsie

MB Models has a Savage XS body in stock :thumbsup:

Your Traxxas 2075 servo will fit and will be ok to get you started but it is a bit weak so will need replaced at some point.

You'd be better with a high torque servo, the Alturn AAS750MG will be fine.

Where are you planning on running the truck? It doesn't have much ground clearance so it's more suited to short grass, gravel, skate parks. HPI Ground Assaults in D compound or HB Powerpins in white compound suit the truck well.

Thanks for info. Went with the High Torq Altrun servo, will put the 2075 as backup spare for my Slash. Ordered the pinions from Liquid RC, for their 99c shipping its pretty fast ordered it Thursday and its already reached London mail hub. 

Will mainly run it on grass, asphalt and gravel. 

Nice one, I'd go for the HPI Ground Assaults if running on grass, they'll work well on asphalt and gravel too :thumbsup:

Already ordered with the shell from MD :thumbsup:  

For battery thinking about this one, have seen couple of videos of people using them as they fit nicley. 6000 mah nano tech hard case with the right angle bullets, currently

well I`ve joined the club now peeps!!page 100 so far.....

finished!!....after reading through here I've ordered the hr sterring setup...traxxas link rods and shox ends...already have the plastic hexs fitted so no snapped pins hopefully. ...looking at a wp sc8 or the 4000KV sc8 combo...but may wait until the stocker gives up..... Edited by evssv

finished!!....after reading through here I've ordered the hr sterring setup...traxxas link rods and shox ends...already have the plastic hexs fitted so no snapped pins hopefully. ...looking at a wp sc8 or the 4000KV sc8 combo...but may wait until the stocker gives up.....

Have you a link to the steering setup?

I have a savage xs ss roller going up for sale soon, has the HR steering and traxxas turnbuckle mod, alloy shocks, CVD's all round, hpi dirt bonz in D compound....still have like 80% tread and will last forever

If anyone is interested give me a shout :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Wrighty8766

Picked up a RTR couple of weeks ago, great little thing, upgraded the turnbuckles, camber links, picked a couple of Nano tech 6000 lipos, Traxxas servo, just received the Camaro body for spraying.

Edited by QRC

Finally finished putting my roller together, running HW WP-SC8 with Castle 3800kv 1410, Altrun servo. Besides the traxxas steering arms the rest is all stock, will replace anything else as it breaks. Thanks to Dark Knight for the advice on the the ground assault tires they are awesome, the servo advice to  :thumbsup:

This was my 2nd attempt and painting a RC body, few not so straight lines but happy with the out come + it only took all of 5 seconds to flip this thing and put few scuffs into it. Might shorten the castle motor cables they really long, after one full run on short grass the motor temp was 49.

IMG_20150816_130129_zpsywjrscpe.jpg

IMG_20150816_130011_zpspsoir0ex.jpg

Edited by Jforce