• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Have you checked your lipos to see what voltage there at when it stops ?? A lipo checker is only a couple of pounds and very handy to keep around !!.

Did you set the esc LVC by a program box or by the button ? Sometimes using the button method can lead to guys missing blinks or beeps and setting the wrong thing so I'd get a box there around 8 or 10 pound and well worth the investment to make life easy..

You could have a bought a duff esc it's not unheard of but I do think the WP sc8 has to be one of the best esc for the xs out there for value for money and capability !!!.

Edited by mydoddy69

Have you checked your lipos to see what voltage there at when it stops ?? A lipo checker is only a couple of pounds and very handy to keep around !!.

Did you set the esc LVC by a program box or by the button ? Sometimes using the button method can lead to guys missing blinks or beeps and setting the wrong thing so I'd get a box there around 8 or 10 pound and well worth the investment to make life easy..

You could have a bought a duff esc it's not unheard of but I do think the WP sc8 has to be one of the best esc for the xs out there for value for money and capability !!!.

I checked both batteries, but it was after serveral cuttoffs (a short break turns off the LVC as the voltage stabilizes). The best battery had bothd cells around 3.83 and 3.8 for the oldest.When i recharged them i was able to charge about half off their capacity which is in line with voltage/capacity charts for lipo cells.

I've adjusted the ECS serveral times using the button. I've double checked and i'm pretty sure that it is correct. But i consider ordering a programming box so i can update the firmware too.

The input caps on the battery side seems like they have been quite hot. But when measured they still hold their capacity as rated.

I checked both batteries, but it was after serveral cuttoffs (a short break turns off the LVC as the voltage stabilizes). The best battery had bothd cells around 3.83 and 3.8 for the oldest.When i recharged them i was able to charge about half off their capacity which is in line with voltage/capacity charts for lipo cells.

I've adjusted the ECS serveral times using the button. I've double checked and i'm pretty sure that it is correct. But i consider ordering a programming box so i can update the firmware too.

The input caps on the battery side seems like they have been quite hot. But when measured they still hold their capacity as rated.

i would always use a program card as trying to do it with the beeps is a right pain in the ass and if you do get a program card make sure you get the lead aswell that plugs into the card and then into the esc 

If the lvc is cutting in at 3.8 and you have it set at 2.8 then yes it would appear the esc is faulty 

It's under 12 months old so should be covered by warranty try Hobbywing direct or contact the seller worst case i'd replace it but use a better more reliable seller like modelsport in future it maybe a tenner more but well worth the warranty 

If the lvc is cutting in at 3.8 and you have it set at 2.8 then yes it would appear the esc is faulty 

It's under 12 months old so should be covered by warranty try Hobbywing direct or contact the seller worst case i'd replace it but use a better more reliable seller like modelsport in future it maybe a tenner more but well worth the warranty 

I bought it on ebay as i only needed the ESC itself, and modelsport did not sell it alone. I am aware of hobbywings warranty, but the customs in Denmark are crappy and I would most likely end up paying import taxes if I got a new one shipped from Asia. 

I'm thinking of just turning off the LVC and find another solution. I have one of those simple 3.2V buzzers that i could fit instead. Problem is that if I'm using a battery that have some cycles on it, the alarm will beep under acceleration even at full charge because of the voltage sag. So I will have listen when the sound becomes constant. It's easier on planes that have a more constant current draw from the batteries :(

I guess I will buy another brand next time - Looking at the SW3 from castle.

That's not strictly true though. It's likely that the battery is sagging to 2.8v under load, then recovering to 3.8 at rest. I gave up on the LVC on all my SC8s because of this, and I use an external buzzer/checker instead. Only a couple

That's not strictly true though. It's likely that the battery is sagging to 2.8v under load, then recovering to 3.8 at rest. I gave up on the LVC on all my SC8s because of this, and I use an external buzzer/checker instead. Only a couple

For me, when it first beeps I slow down, that usually lets the battery recover a bit. I continue playing, but with maybe a little lighter throttle. Once it starts beeping constantly and doesn't stop after 5-10 seconds at full stop then play time is over.

That's my strategy. But read my sig for my disclaimer. ;)

But it is driving me crazy by tripping the LVC far too early. Last time it shut down after 5 minutes on a 5000mAh battery. I've tried to set cutoff voltage as low as 2.8V and it makes no difference at all - It trips far to early anyway.

This is why I never bothered to consider sag as it made no difference on what setting was used .. After such a short time scale made me believe sag was out the question as it's a large amount on a freshly charged pack, but in saying this it would depend on the quality and condition of a pack and demands made on them ?

Surely thou doesn't the esc compensate a certain amount for sag ?

Got in to find this lot on the mat 

DSC02533_zps223532b0.jpg

Yep a new slipper and a set of wheels plus some new transmission output cups this time nice HD ones .. Had to get new rims as a rounded out the hexes on the old ones after 2 of the wheel nuts back out on me !!.. 

anyone know of a good bearing kit all i can find is one with 10 bearings in it and aim pretty sure that are more than 10 in the xs 

This one suit you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ball-Bearing-Set-For-HPI-Savage-XS-SS-22-Rubber-Seal-/161369591918?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item259260906e

i was browsing the clearance corner at hpi and noticed these aluminium shocks for the e fire storm http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=86838 

im wondering if these would fit the xs ? as even if you buy the shock caps , bottom cap etc separately it comes in at half the price of a set of proline ones  :hahadance:

i was browsing the clearance corner at hpi and noticed these aluminium shocks for the e fire storm http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=86838 

im wondering if these would fit the xs ? as even if you buy the shock caps , bottom cap etc separately it comes in at half the price of a set of proline ones  :hahadance:

iam not sure about them ones but i have heard the ones from the hpi blitz work well 

Yep for an upgraded set of 4 it works out to

completely forgot i bought these now i have adjustable turnbuckles so i can adjust the angle of the wheels either inwards or outwards so no dodgey tyres wear i already fitted the steering ones a couple of weeks ago the new ones turned up today with a couple of other parts for the xs not usre if iam going to do the rear or not yet but i probably will do later on 

WP_20141011_014_zps2ddf2647.jpg

WP_20141011_015_zps2a0bd07d.jpg

finally got to run the xs with the big joes 2 and what a very big difference in grip compared to the stock ones it was like night and day. the bit i was driving on was abit wet but they coped really well and even on tarmac they grip so much i was on the roof most of the time i gave it to much throttle iam very glad i got them now 

• Like 1