• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

So my lad took the xs out today, had it running great, apart from one problem, the front turnbuckle? Kept popping off? Is there an upgrade to sort this? It must have happened 4 times, & I need to be up disturbed when running nitro next to him, lol!

im just putting together a shopping list of what i need to get my xs running again

whilst going through what i need im just wondering if i can find the parts listed below cheaper

hd gear shaft cheaper any where ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350993964343

also what glue will do the job wih gluing proline gladiators to some new rims i have, will this do ? http://www.wirelessmadness.com/hpi-ultra-ca-tyre-glue-with-long-nozzle-and-cap-20g-101999

lastly has anyone got a tip for getting the little shafts out the hinge door ?

Edited by leongordon234

Will post one when i get in haha. Its hard to explain lol.

And tell me about it ! When the guy said 6.99 i nearly chocked lmao ! Got them from wheelspin models

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cool, you should've just given me a shout, at least you're sorted now  :thumbsup:

Thats how it is now. Just wondering if the terminals will be ok like that or break of and die haha. I have to bundle the wire up inside because the neg is shorter than pos due to how it sits haha.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Right now i'm quite tired of repairing my diffs. Got a 3s pack last week, and everything seems to blow up. 2x ring gears, 2x bevel gears, 1x CVD and a diff outdrive.

I think i will build a complete diff with housing and spend some time shimming it better. How do you guys shim the center outdrive? There is a huge amount of free play even if you put a few shims under the pin.

Had a slight mishap, or two even, with the Savage XS today, first was a rather spectacular cartwheel across the park which went on for about 30 feet! I was pretty sure it would have wrecked something but twas all good.

Then a rather spectacular testing of the waterproofing, there were some pretty deep puddles here and there - like as deep as the tires are tall - and it coped with them no bother, not that I deliberately went in them. But the mother of all waterproofing tests came with a left turn which should have been a right turn.. At full throttle 2s.. Straight up a grass bank, 6 foot in the air, completely cleared a ten foot wide footpath, and landed 5 foot into the lake!

I was wading up to my knees to recover the upside down completely submerged truck, quickly removed the shell and disconnect battery. Tipped upside down and shook the water out, plugged in batter and drove away good as new - The lads that were watching me drive it were all standing there saying oh man that thing is toast now, and when it drove away they were gobsmacked I just pulled it out of the lake and drove it away LOL

Have to say a dive in the lake really cleans it up well though :D

It is a tough little bugger that XS!!!

Had a slight mishap, or two even, with the Savage XS today, first was a rather spectacular cartwheel across the park which went on for about 30 feet! I was pretty sure it would have wrecked something but twas all good.

Then a rather spectacular testing of the waterproofing, there were some pretty deep puddles here and there - like as deep as the tires are tall - and it coped with them no bother, not that I deliberately went in them. But the mother of all waterproofing tests came with a left turn which should have been a right turn.. At full throttle 2s.. Straight up a grass bank, 6 foot in the air, completely cleared a ten foot wide footpath, and landed 5 foot into the lake!

I was wading up to my knees to recover the upside down completely submerged truck, quickly removed the shell and disconnect battery. Tipped upside down and shook the water out, plugged in batter and drove away good as new - The lads that were watching me drive it were all standing there saying oh man that thing is toast now, and when it drove away they were gobsmacked I just pulled it out of the lake and drove it away LOL

Have to say a dive in the lake really cleans it up well though :D

It is a tough little bugger that XS!!!

Make sure you give this a good wipe and spray with some sort of spray WD40 or similar or your be getting rust set in within a day or so 

Oh fer crying out loud, I meant to call at Halfords and get WD on the way home, gonna have to drag the bike back down 4 flights o stairs again now :(

Update.. Need to go back for another tin for me, it is absolutely throwing it down, drenched to the bone I am :(

Edited by Louise-Paisley

Glad its all good I bet you skipped a beat seeing it lamd in the water. The thing I worry about with wp cars and water is the lipo I worry about the balance plug and connections. Why dont they get affected either? Can you throw a lipo in a bucket of water and it'll be fine?

I know salt water drains the lipo to zero but is fresh water ok.

I just got home to find some dirt works in the hall they look much better than the pics im glad I went with them now I think there a smidge bigger than stock but not much if they even are. There yellow dots too very grippy on the counter. Look fairly meaty too. Just rims and lipo now. With shell mods. 

I started the cage and knocked up some diy light buckets not great tho lol. 

Edited by RCbutcher

Leon,, those batt door rods are just a pain arent they I got a new door with rods instead of searching for watever ide used the first time I decided to snap the rods out. But there actually stronger than the door lol so the door tabs snapped off instead gutted.  I wanted a spare.

I think i used v.small drill bits that fell out once the plastic rods ad been pushed through. There a daft idea im tempted to leave them out and use some m3x30 screws at each end instead. 

Water is an insulator, it is impurities in it that make it otherwise.. Fresh reasonably clean water is not a great conductor so with low voltages it is unlikely to cause a big problem for a battery, and wet/ damp connectors none at all really, the higher the voltage the easier it is for the battery to push current through the water so a 6s will be more risk than a 2s.

The problem with electronics is it only takes a little bit of current in the wrong place to do a lot of damage so powered up and wet electronics suffers really bad - if you get unprotected electronics wet then yank the battery quickety split and get the thing some where warm for a week to completely dry out before plugging power back in and there is a good chance it will survive.

I dropped a mobile phone in a cup of coffee once, pulled battery, opened it up and washed it out with clean water to remove the sticky sugar coffee, airing cupboard for a week and it was fine, wasn't even coffee flavoured :D

• Like 1

Took the SXS to Morrisons car park today, can't be bothered with cleaning mud off it again and all the grass here is just sodden wet through.

Twas first time on tarmac with the SXS and what an experience that was, wow its a gutsy mother! It was very "The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift" esc, really quite enjoyed learning to steer with the throttle :D

Tell you what, its hard to fault this little truck, hard as nails and too much fun for the one day straight out of the box! I am running it 2s as well, gawd knows how anyone can keep the thing in a straight line on 3s!!

Yeah, light trigger finger, right, like that is going to happen any time soon LOLOL

Would probably help if i turned the rates down a tad but its just too much fun flying round like a raving loonatic :D