• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

that's pretty much why I got another, you know me I don't mind a bit of wrenching, so I f I can have as much fun as the first time round with only minimal wear then I'm sold.. The hd parts and innovative rc diff cases ran me 75 quid so provided they do what they're supposed to that's a steal in my book as I spent way more than that in my first six months with the first one I had..

Yep gonna let you play guinea pig so how it pans out.. Motor wise thou id run the 3400kv sc8 combo on 3s that way it should be plenty quick and run cool .. Tire wise look at the Schumacher VEE 4 looks like it should have a good bite for most surfaces.. 

Oh my god sounds like i'm back in already!! 

Can't see these those diff cups anywhere ??

Edited by mydoddy69

Yep gonna let you play guinea pig so how it pans out.. Motor wise thou id run the 3400kv sc8 combo on 3s that way it should be plenty quick and run cool .. Tire wise look at the Schumacher VEE 4 looks like it should have a good bite for most surfaces..

Oh my god sounds like i'm back in already!!

Can't see these those diff cups anywhere ??

I won't be running 3s full time, it's just gonna be a last pack of the day thing for me, the diff cuts are listed on ebay, apparently robs away at the moment so I don't think they'll be posted til the 20th or so, the power pins a nice on grass etc. But I've opted for a set of sand throwers as well as I bash mostly on the sand and scrub..

Oh shinny bits i like the look of these fingers crossed for ya

cheers bud I'll be building the diffs and installing it all this weekend so I'll throw pics up once it's done..

cheers bud I'll be building the diffs and installing it all this weekend so I'll throw pics up once it's done..

Interesting to see you're going straight for the HD parts, I was tempted to do that myself but decided I would just wear out the stock parts first then replace them. On my old XS SS I ran the centre cvd's too but was just going to run the stock dog n bones and see how they held up.

Have you already got a combo to put in it?

Interesting to see you're going straight for the HD parts, I was tempted to do that myself but decided I would just wear out the stock parts first then replace them. On my old XS SS I ran the centre cvd's too but was just going to run the stock dog n bones and see how they held up.

Have you already got a combo to put in it?

yeah it's all done mate, I got a wp sc8 4000kv combo and I've already done 3 packs through it, just as much fun as before, only doing the upgrades now as I sold a kit to toxic basher and rather than pee the money away I spent it on shiny stuff for the xs.. I did contemplate getting the centre cvd kit but it was just way cheaper to get the hd cups and see where we go from there..
  • Like 1

yeah it's all done mate, I got a wp sc8 4000kv combo and I've already done 3 packs through it, just as much fun as before, only doing the upgrades now as I sold a kit to toxic basher and rather than pee the money away I spent it on shiny stuff for the xs.. I did contemplate getting the centre cvd kit but it was just way cheaper to get the hd cups and see where we go from there..

nice, that's the same combo I was going to put in it and run it on 2S lipo's only, I was also going to run shorty lipo's to save a bit of weight so there was a bit less stress on the drivetrain.

Cool, I hope the HD cups work out for you, be interesting to see how much longer they last.

I'm gonna feed it a little 3s just for shizz and giggles but only now and then as 2s is plenty fast and fun enough.. Sometimes you just have to push it a bit though..

Yeah smash let us know how the hd cups hold up as im looking at replacing mine when i rebuild my xs :thumbsup:

nice, that's the same combo I was going to put in it and run it on 2S lipo's only, I was also going to run shorty lipo's to save a bit of weight so there was a bit less stress on the drivetrain.

Cool, I hope the HD cups work out for you, be interesting to see how much longer they last.

the hd stuff is going on today along with the innovative rc diff casings so I'll throw some pics up this afternoon.. Testing commences tomorrow ;)

Hmmm this is making me tempted to get my XS going again.I haven't ran it since the stock esc went last year.Mine is the rtr version.Its mainly stock apart from HR rear hubs,Badlands(they worked great on grass and added a bit of ride height),hpi wheelie bar,T Bones,optional idler gear and a fan on the motor.

• Like 1

Hmmm this is making me tempted to get my XS going again.I haven't ran it since the stock esc went last year.Mine is the rtr version.Its mainly stock apart from HR rear hubs,Badlands(they worked great on grass and added a bit of ride height),hpi wheelie bar,T Bones,optional idler gear and a fan on the motor.

it's a cheap fix 45 quid for an sc8, go on you know you want to ;)

Well it been a funny sort of day, mixed emotions and some impromptu fettling..

Like I mentioned today was hd day for the savage xs, I bought all of the hd parts except for the axles because I already have cvds on the ss kit I bought, I also bought some lovely alloy diff cups from innovative rcs ebay shop which is where the fettling came into play..

The job took me a total of 3hrs, a long time granted but I'm hoping it pays off in respect of not having to do very much wrenching anytime soon..

All the hpi parts are flawless nicely made and with a mirror finish, they all go on in the standard manner so I won't bore you with the details.

The diff cases however required a little work to make good, first of all the stock hpi cross pins need to be ground of slightly at both ends and chamfered to fit and secondly the screws supplied to fit the Crown gear were too long and required shortening, these are a new product and aren't on the innovative rc main site yet so it may be that some slight adjustments need to me made by Rob and co.

Once the above was done the diffs went together very well and they run smooth as butter.

Got a few pics but I cba to take loads as if you're familiar with the savage xs you'll know working on them is time consuming enough without documenting every step..

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Went for 10k cos I'll be whacking the odd pack of 3s through her, I didn't use the mount because I'm putting a fan assisted heat sink on there..

• Like 1