• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Im wondering why your esc wires are blue , yellow and orange both my sc8s have been all black motor wires. The tbones look good have they saved you from big impacts yet?

They are black, it's the heatshrink that's blue, yellow and orange.

Edited by Leo

Took the SXS out to the park today as I got a new HK RX for it to pair with my GT3C. Thankfully back to superb greater than practical range again even without putting the antenna up on the TX and the antenna on the RX just tied to the roll bar inside the shell :)

Did a most spectacular full throttle flip and long range cartwheel, really spectacular. A guy was stood talking to me at the time who has a bit of rc car experience and he said "Thats the only problem isn't it, one slip like that and you are spending more money on parts" - with that I flipped it back onto its wheels with a few flicks of the throttle and brought it back full speed..

He said "No way that's survived without breaking something, no way!!!"

It really is a hard barsteward of a truck :D

• Like 1

Tbones are awesome, a must have for any rc I've owned :thumbsup:

I'm going to add a caveat to that statement because I do believe they are well worth the money, but, and it's a tiny but, beware of using them in cold weather as they can become brittle and be snapped or shattered.. That said when I sent photos of the ones I broke to the guys at tbr they replaced them without problem.. For free as per policy.. :D

I'm going to add a caveat to that statement because I do believe they are well worth the money, but, and it's a tiny but, beware of using them in cold weather as they can become brittle and be snapped or shattered.. That said when I sent photos of the ones I broke to the guys at tbr they replaced them without problem.. For free as per policy.. :D

Sounds good !

Just ordered a set of HPI ground assault tyres since I blew out the originals. Also what size is the pin for the hex on the xs? As I don't want to buy a complete set with hexes again

Just ordered a set of HPI ground assault tyres since I blew out the originals. Also what size is the pin for the hex on the xs? As I don't want to buy a complete set with hexes again

1.65x10

You can buy the pins from thetoyz really cheap for a pack of 10 but its best to stick them on an order rather than buy them on ther own.

http://thetoyz.com/HPI/Mini-Savage-XS/Steering-Drivetrain/HPI/15833/

Ive fitted the plastic hexs to try and make the pins last longer I read they fail easy cos we over tighten them with alloy hexs not sure it's true but I know they fail easy my first xs had 3 pins broke in half and 1 badly bent but they all stayed in the hexs. So this time I orderd spare before even starting the build. Mines up for sale now but dount itll sell and im not allowing more than a

Edited by RCbutcher

I think he means the exact links you used part nums. Ive been wondering which traxxas links it is the xs can use. Like the jato has cheap red alloy ones on eBay from usa for just alittle more than traxxas standard ones in the uk.

I have seen a picture of an xs with traxxas links and they had bend at the ends really bad I was shocked ill see if I can find it I bet he had a monster of a crash but that's mayb why hpi wanted them to pop off. Still I would rather have the traxxas links.

The little beast is starting to get the better of me, started "whining" when revved hard and struggling to move, on strip down pinion had lost the m3 grub screw and spinning on shaft, replace set the gap to 5 mm as per manual , rebuild and voila same whining noise , stripped gearbox and everything seemed ship shape!!! Back together and still noisy with no power to wheels,unless lifted off floor then wheels spun ok not as noisy, one daft question should the vector 4000 be really lumpy when spun by hand? Thx in advance for any help.

Got bored of waiting for model sorts back order so improvised some wheel hex pins out of cut up body clips.... Lol actually help up for 2 full packs so far! Anyway, I hit a root accidentally and popped the turnbuckle going from servo horn to servo saver I the servo saver. Meant for me a long walk of shame as I had no long tools to get in there and pop it back on! Now is this going to be a common problem? Or did I just hot that root wayyy to hard lol