• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Took mine out for a spin last night to test some new batteries. Some work well, some not so good (3rd hand LIPOs that may well be past their useful working life unfortunately). Also looks like I still haven't fixed my problem with losing rear wheel drive. Play was ended when the pinion gear came loose - at least I hope that is what happened.

Still, while everything was working it was just awesome running it on 2S over open bumpy grass. More fun and stable than my Slash 4x4 if I'm honest.

Fair enough mate, if you have a castle link change the firmware on esc straight away and make sure all timing is turned off :)

cheers for the heads up aj, anything else i should look out for or any must have upgrades?

cheers for the heads up aj, anything else i should look out for or any must have upgrades?

grab a sway bar kit.. If you get it from liquid rc in the states it'll save you a few quid..

1st upgrade got to be the servo the stocker is pants and some better tyres

Was just looking in my box of bits and bobs for something else and came across a Savox SC-0252MG servo only used it twice if your interested.. Just drop me a pm or anyone else who might need it.. still got the box it came in

Edited by mydoddy69

1st upgrade got to be the servo the stocker is pants and some better tyres

Was just looking in my box of bits and bobs for something else and came across a Savox SC-0252MG servo only used it twice if your interested.. Just drop me a pm or anyone else who might need it.. still got the box it came in

thanks for the offer mate but im pretty shore I've got a power hd sat around somewhere, if i can't find it ill give u a pm.

I've got the full set, loads less slop than stock but i still put a thin shim in to take up what was still there, got mine from liquid rc..

Looking good guys!

I've now got one of these after having a go of AJ's, and I've been getting to grips with how it goes - it's just mad! I quite like the stock motor, it runs with more than enough pace on a fully charged 2s pack, and on the half-dead 3s pack I tried it was insane! The rear diff cup is really worn on this one with it being used though, so I'll see if one of the older style RS4 diff cups I've got fit (once I've got the Rustler back up north to pinch them off) and I'll report back with how it goes.

• Like 1