• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Oh dear, Dirty diesel power. Series 2 Discovery

Rover Man

• 2 weeks later...

Great stuff, nice to see it being used properly ;) Been getting the 'fender dirty myself today on Salisbury Plain :)

Is that a GoPro I see mounted on the dash? :lol:

Yep, But the videos didnt turn out very good. Rained all day so had to have the wipers on.

And some fool forgot the water proof gopro camera box :whistling:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thats nice and tastefully done bud well done.

how did you find the tyres in the snow? i have the same tread pattern but i'm not pleased with them in the snow, mud they dig well and grip good but the best tyres i've had for snow have been insa turbo saharas. what make are yours?

also the snorkel i shouldnt worry about rain at all as you have found out :D they have drain downs built into the head, very clever but simple design :D

what you do need to worry about tho (bit late now as its come and gone for you lot!) is snow well driving in snow it compacts up in the head, melts and fills the filter box lol i just turned my head 180 degree to face backwards and its fine.

• 1 month later...

well not done much so with the weather getting better thought id give it a bit of a wipe over

null_zpsf1713580.jpg

null_zps43b83bab.jpg

And after driving a mates D2 last night my steering was slacker than a slack thing  :whistling:

So fitted a new steering damper

null_zpsa0062710.jpg

Much better now, the old one had no resistance at all  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Few pics while we've been away with the caravan

ready for the off

null_zpsa0158100.jpg

All set up at Cofton country in Dawlish

null_zps3ffe6c7a.jpg

popped across the border into Cornwall for the day to do my yearly visit to Looe RNLI station to make my donation.

Popped down to Taland bay weather wasn't great though so no swimming lol

null_zps4f33d5ab.jpg

null_zps57f94bd6.jpg

Car as been faultless and a pleasure to drive. Remap as made a massive difference to towing the van and the new steering damper

As made the van more stable when passing the lorrys

• 2 weeks later...

Todays update.

Friend got this from ATP , Its an Ashcroft HD torque converter, be fitting it in a couple of week at a club day meet  :thumbsup:

null_zpsf297c416.jpg

Also started to suffer from the famous Land Rover leaking sunroofs so made a start on sorting it.

null_zps90a8088d.jpg

Front one is done just need to do the rear one and do the roof rails while i have the head lining out

Todays update.

Friend got this from ATP , Its an Ashcroft HD torque converter, be fitting it in a couple of week at a club day meet  :thumbsup:

null_zpsf297c416.jpg

Also started to suffer from the famous Land Rover leaking sunroofs so made a start on sorting it.

null_zps90a8088d.jpg

Front one is done just need to do the rear one and do the roof rails while i have the head lining out

oh them famous sun roof leaks damn pmsl