• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fussell F1 radio control car

• 2 weeks later...

img1109f.jpg

Running with a 'test' livery

First run in a supermarket carpark, I pushed the accelerator and after about 5 secs the car came to a stop icon_redface.gif The bevelled gear that transfers the power to the slip-diff had worn down!

img1115f.jpg

Basically the gears weren't meshing tightly enough, so a quick fix with a bit of resin, dremelling and a new gear. I had the car running again. It's rapid icon_biggrin.gif Handles quite good smile.gif ...for about 5mins until I crashed it :wtf: All of which I didn't catch on camera!

img1119fx.jpg

So the car is out of action icon_rolleyes.gif I was running quite close to a 'trolley hut' braked, spun around and slide backwards into a small hump that stops trolleys rolling out. Driver error! icon_confused.gif

Apart from the crash, I'm really pleased with the car. It's quick. It doesn't have much damage, it can be fixed quite easily. I'm glad the gear fix worked, and the lipos produce more than enough power. When I get it running next time I'll try to get it on camera!

Lovely model you have made there and going against the other votes for the livery, I like the first one as it brings out those lovely swoopy lines of the car..as much as a patriot I am I don't think the 2nd design enhances the look of the car....

• 3 weeks later...