• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Flysky Gt3c Test Results

fatboyneil

One of the First mods might be to relocate the Power switch, Because if they have wires in there that are connected to the Steering wheel, and the other ends attached to something that stays still, means the Wires are being flexxed back and forth all the time you are steering. If they have not used High strand count silicone rubber wires, and good soldering along with hot glue securing the wire at the solder joints...

It's a recipie for disaster.....

any chance you know where to get this high strand wire from as im fixing it myself till the new wheel arives

Something along the lines of the stuff here

http://www.hobbyking...ires_Plugs.html

Under Silicon Wire & Mesh Guard

Only in the AWG you need.

And you'll probably want it from a UK source. I'll take a look....

You will want to Dissassemble the Faulty wheel section first. And determine the nature of how the power button has been designed and how it is setup.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Perhaps this?

22AWG, around the thickness of Servo Lead wire.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cb8636df4

No idea what thickness the Stock wire is... So just Guessing.

If you want to look around for yourself...

Just type silcone wire into Ebay, and select UK only in the Filters down the Left hand Side.

Edited by GorillaZilla

Right got it apart again to fix this power issue and after stripping it completely I've found it's the wire that has snapped right next to the switch rather than relocating the switch I'm just going to solder some better wire in place I'll upload a video later tonight when I get chance to do it all to show its fixed and with messages I've been getting it looks like it's going to be the one big thing against the gt3c but it's an easy fix

• Like 1

Cheers for the updates on this fatboyneil - as I told you, this is gonna be the radio gear that i'll be getting very soon so this is really helpful.

Have you come across any other issues with it so far?

Well here's the vid as proof it's easily fixable as I ain't no pro with a soldering iron but then again I ain't a novice either all I did was cut the wire that was there leaving about 2 centermetres of wire near the circuit board and stripped the wire from the switch of which are realy cheap to get hold of on eBay .

Then I put new wire soldered to the pieces that were there giving it plenty of length for the movement then reattached the switch put back together and there you go .

BUTT the best fix would be to completely relocate the switch

• Like 1

Is there a chance that this problem could happen again? Was the wire too short in the first place?

it more than likley will happen to all the radios the wire was way too thin for a moving part if it happens again to mine i'll relocate the switch just can't find one small enough yet though but its easy enough to fix

24awg wire and secured it by double heat shrink to keep cost down.

a bit strapped for cash at moment the wire in its own with the solder I used wont move one bit infact it was a pain to fit back in I left the heat shrink a bit to long struggled to bend it round but it's fixed for now.

I'll put it through its paces one night this week if the weather is right don't know how people can run in the rain it ain't the car I'm botherd about getting Wet it's me

It ain't going to be cheep flysky have put a lot into the gt4 and it will show its expected August time or later it's changed shape three times since I first looked at it in January but shows flysky are going after the big guns with this one

And why iPhone I'm using one now and I don't want it anywhere near my rc stuff

Edited by fatboyneil

• 3 weeks later...

It's only 1 Problem. And once fixxed its golden.

You need to replace the Wire between the moving On Off switch and the stationary body of the wheel housing with around 24 or 22 AWG high strand count silicone insulated battery wire, Then HotGlue over the Solder Joints so the wire is flexing properly at the insulation, Rather than flexing at the exposed core of the wire with no Silicone support around it.

If I'd had anything to do with the design of the radio, thats how they would have been stock....

Edited by GorillaZilla