• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Axial Exo Terra Buggy, Anyone got one?

Hi guys,

Now I've had some money put to one side for one of these for a while and was tempted with the HPI Apache for a bit until I saw the review by Jang on URC.

After I saw the review of the Axial buggy I really had to have a think of whether I'd put up with the Maintenance of it. I mean come on 16 Screws to get into the thing. So really I'm wanting to know:

1. Is the driving pleasure worth the hassle?
  2. Is the hassle just as bad as they are making out?
  3. How badly cut are your hands from the battery tray?
  4. If you had the choice again would you still have one?

I've had a quick scout of the forum but not found any threads on it (other than the original News thread).

Also has anyone got any recommendations for this in terms of Electrics?

Indie

That battery tray on the Exo Terra looks a total nightmare doesn't it. Hard to believe they'd send it to market like that really. And the review of the Apache by Jang was very surprising. Not what I was expecting. Looks like a bit of a dud.

I looked at both the terra and the Apache but after what i've heard and seen about both i'm saving my money and putting it in something else as both these have got mixed reviews but most favour on the side of bad but thats just my view for what its worth

• 2 weeks later...

looking at the apache at my LHS it seems tough as hell, and they have said that the shop car is now an apache, apparently indestructible. it seems like the jang's view is a little biased, as he owns many traxxas's and associateds, and they seem to get great reviews, but he has a downer on anything hpi. i love to watch the reviews but its very predictable which way its going to go just by the brand :/

looking at the apache at my LHS it seems tough as hell, and they have said that the shop car is now an apache, apparently indestructible. it seems like the jang's view is a little biased, as he owns many traxxas's and associateds, and they seem to get great reviews, but he has a downer on anything hpi. i love to watch the reviews but its very predictable which way its going to go just by the brand :/

:yes: I have to agree there even though his reviews are detailed and thorough the this that he said were bad on the apache could have been fixed just with minor tuning, but yet he still gives it a bad review that does raise some????