• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi Ten SCTE Owners Thread

My Tenshock runs at similar temperatures to yours. Tenshock do run hot but your temperatures look OK from what I understand.

What pinion size are you using?

Temps starting to creep to 80 deg C and just above after bashing on full battery. Think this is too close to the recommended max of 180 F.

I had a Warp 5700kv that always seemed to run hot, even after repeatedly dropping pinion size, and then it expired.

I dont really want the same to happen with the Tenshock.

My bashing is mainly short bursts of acceleration, so not sure that smaller pinion is always going to cure the problem. At least now I'm regularly measuring temps and stopping when it gets to 180 F.

hey troops!!! going to be getting the 2.0 and was wonderin if the hexes are metric or imperial just so I know that I will need to get new drivers

Imperial. I went for Fastrax interchangeable drivers from MS.

The wrench for the wheel nuts is included in the kit. The only other nut is for the top of the shock mounting and that is 1/4 inch.

There is also a selection of the smaller allen keys included in the kit. They even supply losi lok thread lock, a small quantity of shock oil and a tube of shock grease. Really good of them to include those. You will need black grease.

are they good quality tools, or are they just like the wee tools that you get with rtrs? also is there enough shock oil to do a couple of services? hope im not being a pain, just want to get everything i need for the build in one shot instead of waiting for different bits and bobs arriving

are they good quality tools, or are they just like the wee tools that you get with rtrs? also is there enough shock oil to do a couple of services? hope im not being a pain, just want to get everything i need for the build in one shot instead of waiting for different bits and bobs arriving

I didnt use the supplied allen keys, based on past experience, as you cant easily use them and they usually are softer and will round. Fastrax hex drivers have been reliable for me in the past.

The amount of shock oil is only enough for one build of four shocks. I havent needed to change to date the oil either due to leaks or change characteristics. I have other shock oils in 25 and 30 from the past which I will try.

Some people had problems with the diffs screws rounding and they swapped to HPI screws. I didnt have any problems during the initial build, but I got some just in case.

Some people had problems with screwing bottom shock caps on, as they were very hard to fully tighten. I had this problem, but they are working OK to date. Horizon UK will send replacements if you ask.

I didnt get any black grease and used the supplied yellow/brown grease where the instructions requested.

Edited by locky

Thanks i think i will get separate tools to make the build easier and plus when I have for them I won't need to go about looking for the ones that are supplied. The ones I got with the trophy and hyper are spare tools just incase something goes wrong with my decent ones lol.

Read in this thread about the diff screws what size are they or do you have a part number that I could use for the beefier hpi ones?

I've heard about the shock ends, is it the hole that is too small to get it started and just needs opened up at the top a bit or is it really tight all the way?

It is a beauty of a kit so I want the build to go nice and smooth, is there any other issues that will need to be addressed? this thread has helped me already with the other external links that you have previously put up thank you!!!

I used  M2.5 x 12 mm hex sockets for the diffs. HPI part number Z449. There are 10 in a pack so you will need 2 packs to do all 3 diffs. Although they are longer than the TLR supplied pieces there is plenty of room (10 mm compared to 12 mm length). Obviously as well as your imperial drivers you will need a 2.5 hex driver.

8 hours into the build. Just done the rear diff in bag D. This kit is amazing the attention to detail is really good, I would of liked all the screws to be silver in colour but that's me just being picky. Going to get a build guide written up at the end of it all :) I can't believe how light this thing is!!!

Gratuitous action shot to keep you motivated to get it running.

TLR007_zps3ca46657.jpg

Since the photo was taken I've switched back to the Losi Eclipse tyres and the handling has improved (even on this scrub surface).

This truck is built like a tank. Love it.

Edited by Poolebay

Wow this thing is lovely to drive!!! Stays nice and flat whilst airborne. Stuck to the ground throughout corners a little tail happy which is always fun as well :) going to change the shock oil, feel like it is a bit soft for my driving style. Chassis is slapping the ground when landing :( got a couple of we scrapes on it now :( over all I an really pleased with it. Will need to tweek things about on the suspension set up so I get it how I want. Steering/Ackerman set up seems a bit prone to collecting small stones. Need to cut out the vents in the shell. I'm a very happy bunny though. Thanks for all you help guys.

Wow this thing is lovely to drive!!! Stays nice and flat whilst airborne. Stuck to the ground throughout corners a little tail happy which is always fun as well :) going to change the shock oil, feel like it is a bit soft for my driving style. Chassis is slapping the ground when landing :( got a couple of we scrapes on it now :( over all I an really pleased with it. Will need to tweek things about on the suspension set up so I get it how I want. Steering/Ackerman set up seems a bit prone to collecting small stones. Need to cut out the vents in the shell. I'm a very happy bunny though. Thanks for all you help guys.

it looked good today apart from the landing on your roof part but it was fun to see one run in person

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks I'm after some battery and wheel/tyre advice, I Picked up a very nice SCTE (thanks Noj) a while back and I'm looking to see what would be a suitable battery for it I have a few 2s turnigy nano techs 65-130c I run in my DRX VE would these be upto the job? the trucks currently running the stock motor and esc and what I believe is a 18t pinion, also the tyres are pretty worn and I'd like to replace them I mainly run on short grass and dusty/hard packed dirt, any advice welcome.