• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

Hey,

Here is a pic of a guys seat on a stand... His seat is a bit different from mine... His is rally style :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/runners.jpg/

Basically I need the seat to be apx 6" to 8" off the floor, solid, bolted in position so there is no lateral movement.

The chair only has a select area on its bottom where it can be attached due to the rest being fabric. There is a metal plate on the bottom but it's only small.

This is why I think a H design might work, so it sits on a plate and has skis out the sides. Similar to the pic above.

This guy then went on to build a wooden frame for his, as he needed to be higher, I don't really need to be higher, so 6" to 8" off the floor would be fine.

I also had another idea.

What if we just make a detachable bracket? Something that would connect to one of the legs of the base (standard metal 5 leg office chair base) up onto the bottom of the chair (there are holes and rivets it could pop into) then the chair would be a usable chair and when needed for gaming, attached a long rod (think like a piece of golf club type metal) to the base and onto the bottom of the chair at this angle / therefore "locking" the chair in place... It would become more solid and "sounds" simple enough... But I though bending pipes was something Peple did with their necks so what do I know :)

In those pics I sent you, you will see the base is a 5 legged base, and the bottom of the chair has that metal part etc.. What if we just build the chair as normal, as it's supposed to be but add a detachable "leg" that mounts to one (or more) of the legs of the base, up into that base plate on the chair.. We could weld a custom rivet for it to slot into?

Now that should like a picece of **** to me! :) that way we can irradicate the up/down/left/right motion by simply adding in 1 rod that connects the base to the chair with a solid metal pole? Is that possible? I could find a golf club somewhere nd we can cut it, weld a rivet in the leg, and 1 in the bottom of the chair and then .. bam... Pop it in he hole... Job done.. Chair no move no more? :)

Whadda think :D

I can't draw :D

Ill knock up a psd or something, it's so simple but describing sounds insane.

Even reading back what I wrote, does sound like the rambelings of a mad man... It's the kind of stuff you'd find written in sh|t under the floor boards of Serial killers house :)

Edited by PaddyB

Rob's a serial killer! Haha

If its just to be 6 inches off the ground, 20-30 quid of materials will be enough I would think.

I have got an idea for using round tubing but it would be a fixed chair and not able to put the gas lifter on it....

Rain through the night but holding off just now , I will post in about an hour with an update , as everyone will prob be watching Sebastian middle finger vettel pulling ahead lol

oh well that sucks i got the hyper all clean for nothing lol :yucky::samui:

The hyper wouldn't be staying clean for long haha

Added you both (excuse the ridiculous name, it's a Ricky Gervais / Karl Pilkington gag)

Right, as soon as I get my wheel we need to get a Sunday league going for the winter!

Here is my suggestion:

Every winter Sunday (or mid week) night.

1 Rally Track (Dirt 3)

1 GT Track (Forza 4)

1 F1 Track (F1 2012)

1 Point to Point (Forza Horizon)

Should be immense fun and keep it fresh with all those different styles of racing :)

Edited by PaddyB

Yea, I know what you mean... WRC3 is probably the best for that (along with the dirt series) on the 360...

WRC3 is both graphically and technically a real achievement for the developers as it looks, sounds and drives fantastic. Not as much fun as dirt, more serious and sim like. Give that a try as it follows the actual WRC Rally season :) and looks incredible (for a 360).

Horizon looks good for pure fun and blasting around like maniacs on the streets, so I'm gonna assume that stef will love that :D