• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Fife

stef1

Weather looking dry for sunday. Come to Bathgate BMX track and join us. Electric, nitro, petrol, all welcome, lol.

Hope so :lol:

cant wait till sunday, got 2 gallons of fuel to burn lol

Gone and bought myself a new toy to crash, losi 8ight truggy.

Just run it in and put about 10 tanks through it.

Unfortunately the setup of the starter box is different so i need the 2 but only have enough batteries for 1. Hopefully get that sorted for Sunday.

Nice 1 mate, lol. what batteries do you need, i have loads of nimh packs. Weather looking good for tomorrow. Well not sunny, but shouldnt rain, just like last sunday.

Stef what happened to you the day I thought you would have been desperate to run the new truggy?

Hey,

yeah, i know :lol: had everything ready to go aswell but i had a couple of things i had to do and by that time it was getting on and it started to rain quite heavy, did it rain through in bathgate?

I got my batteries for my starter box yesterday, 7.2v nimh sport packs.

I will hopefully be there next week if the weather is ok, might have a suprise :lol:

all the best,

stef

Edited by stef1

it rained for about 10mins then rest of the day was fine we even added an extra ramp into the track. Is the Losi five confirmed is it?

• Like 1

it rained for about 10mins then rest of the day was fine we even added an extra ramp into the track. Is the Losi five confirmed is it?

Damn I should have been through. No losi yet, although I contacted model sport and they are still saying the 11th and I'm on a priority list? So fingers crossed lol.

Another jump, you must have added that to try kill me off :lol:

Yeah it means that you can't just full throttle it every where like you normally do :tease:

Rusty next time I am up and the track is marked out I will post up some pics

Edited by loader

Yeah it means that you can't just full throttle it every where like you normally do :tease:

Rusty next time I am up and the track is marked out I will post up some pics

nah not me :lol:

I have just ordered one of them small key ring cameras with a memory card so i will hopefully have that mounted for next week, double sided tape if it comes to it lol.

Another jump is another possibility that Robert will injure someone is it not?:lol:

Edited by stef1

Lol Robert would have to be going some to hurt someone on this it isnt that big and its just before a corner that you have to brake hard for so you cant really gun it. the camera sounds good although it will have to be very durable to stand up to the way you drive :yes: .

We are looking at the possiblity of building our own track as a permanent feature somewhere else if all goes well robert is looking into at the moment. So you might need a shovel at somepoint soon.

Yeah we have been talking about it dont want to talk too much about it on here. We are going to bash Saturday this week as there are a couple of extra guys that come through once a month that can't make Sunday. So if you can make it will be Saturday at 11am. Hopefully see you there.

I have also sent you a pm with Number to make commubication quicker.

Well my surprise car might be ready for saturday, got it stripped down and the gearbox rebuilt as one of the diff gears was faulty that come with it.. warranty job although i have bought a replacement myself as there is no telling how long i will wait for replacement part

just a couple of minor jobs to do, few bolts to threadlock etc.

Edited by stef1

Looks like a good site guys, might be tempted to come through sometime, although I would'nt manage this weekend. Get some pics and videos and keep us posted when you're going again.

And stef1 you will love the Losi, Nigel from Freeprawn had his at Westcoast at the weekend, it was seriously good. Which reminds me I need to get the videos up

cool mate, look forward to those pics/videos.

I might be slightly high on paint fumes tonight...dont spray body shells in the house :rofl: done 4 tins now...man this aint so good :rofl:

heres some pics of toys..

The Baja:

IMG_0808.jpg

The truggy engine:

IMG_0811.jpg

5ive and Baja:

IMG_0813.jpg

to be fair there is not alot of difference in size between the baja and 5ive. the 5ive is quite a bit wide (couple of inches) but with the roll cage removed with the shell it gives amazing access to everything!

smartprice beans on toast tonight again :lol:

Edited by stef1

Thought I might just pop in to the thread as its been a while since I have been out.

Sounds like the Bathgate track is pretty good. Might have to get my mate ( not the one you guys know - I have introduced another to the world of nitro) and I along there some time (just make sure its no where near Stef and his dodgy steering!). Baja's make for sore shins especially with you driving!

Thought I might just pop in to the thread as its been a while since I have been out.

Sounds like the Bathgate track is pretty good. Might have to get my mate ( not the one you guys know - I have introduced another to the world of nitro) and I along there some time (just make sure its no where near Stef and his dodgy steering!). Baja's make for sore shins especially with you driving!

Pmsl, good to hear from you again mate. certainly been a while. hows things?

Lol kilted believe me Stef is the least of your problems.

Yup, you might not believe it but there is worse :lol: :lol:

Edited by stef1
  • Like 1

Pmsl, good to hear from you again mate. certainly been a while. hows things?

Yup, you might not believe it but there is worse :lol: :lol:

Doing ok - got an Ishima Rave and trying my best to break it.

If its true there are worse, i think i might need to invest in body armour :scared: or one of these :tank: