• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

17 minutes ago, Fly In My Soup said:

He needs either a 6mm or 8mm .

Or some needle nose pliers if it's stuck

Why not a set that has multiple bits?

I don't get it, why don't we just buy kits?  It's much cheaper to get a hard bit set that a entire screwdriver right?

56 minutes ago, Jamil237237 said:

I don't get it, why don't we just buy kits?  It's much cheaper to get a hard bit set that a entire screwdriver right?

Good point, I've just realised I have a socket/screwdriver set which goes up to 13mm and contains both 6mm and 8mm so hopefully that covers it.

4 hours ago, Jamil237237 said:

Well if you want a set of decent quality 1/4" sockets and a matching ratchet then its costly..... I pay around £50-70 for a snap on 1/4 drive and buy sockets as and when I lose them? for £6-10 each......

Have sockets from 4mm to 32mm..... Only ever seem to use 8-10-13mm sockets.....

Buy buying only what you need saves you money over buying a whole set.... Unless you mean these cheapo socket sets from halfords or home base etc etc.... Then I see why you'd just buy a whole set for £30..... But you'd still only use one or two sizes of socket

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 15:19, Fly In My Soup said:

Well if you want a set of decent quality 1/4" sockets and a matching ratchet then its costly..... I pay around £50-70 for a snap on 1/4 drive and buy sockets as and when I lose them? for £6-10 each......

Have sockets from 4mm to 32mm..... Only ever seem to use 8-10-13mm sockets.....

Buy buying only what you need saves you money over buying a whole set.... Unless you mean these cheapo socket sets from halfords or home base etc etc.... Then I see why you'd just buy a whole set for £30..... But you'd still only use one or two sizes of socket

Where do you buy Snap on from in the UK?

Also, don't knock Halfords Advanced range, my go to equipment for 1/1 cars.

1 hour ago, Fly In My Soup said:

Run it until throttle dies from lvc cutting in.... Pop on charger to check voltage.

. . Isn't that dangerous? If the dudes asking because he wants to know if it's lipo compatible, wouldn't he be using a, in that case, a bad idea? Otherwise good idea.

If it's because he wants to see if it's lipo, oh boi is his battery going to get damaged.

It’s set at 3v per cell as std so 6V assuming you are running 2S. In practice it will cut out way higher than that as the voltage sags quite a lot on load with the stock battery and wiring.

Thanks. Since posting I've actually noticed the manual has a table of adjustments possible with the programmer, within which it highlights the default settings in grey. It does indeed have it as 3.0V per cell.

When it cuts in I'll check the voltage with a multimeter afterwards to confirm.

Just now, PH001 said:

Do you mean the nut is rounded?

It got stuck, from trying to unstuck it got rounded, now with using a nutsplitter, I don't known if it's worse. I JUST WANT A BEARING AND MY HEX HUB. 

Just why is it so stuck, it's probably permenantly stuck unless Dremel. I'll need to buy a Dremel which is at least 20 for something that's 10. For potatoes sake.

So new CVD and steering knuckle. I got a buncha other stuff too. Anyway. Put the cvds in the rear because rwd and placed one of the rear outdrives into the front knuckle.

I'm pretty sure the servo saver isn't a good fit for a 20kg servo. The servo saver is designed to save a 3kg servo, so if it budges for 3kg, it sure as heck will budge for a 20kg.

Looks like motor mount is misaligned. Gonna check if the mount is bent 

I put some 100k cst or cps fluid in the rear diff. After a run I can see some goop on the diff outdrive. Yaaaay. Probably stiffened a bearing too.

I have 4 pairs of surge tyres on back order. They were super cheap tyres so why not. And then I realised the ftx surge is 12th scale. I then also realised that there's short course tyres that are in stock. Shoot me. Surge tyres are cheap, smaller by a little bit cheaper too, and they have a somewhat wide selection. I wonder if stretched tires don't need glue.

On a good note, I have neon ISH rubber bands. Put the band in two body clips. One band per bodyclip. This makes it easier to spot the body clips, and if one comes of, it will hang on instead

Edited by Jamil237237

Hello, I own an FTX Carnage that is tuned ALOT so the normal engine takes in 20 AMP and I have upgraded to Tesla batteries that generate up to 90 AMP at full throttle so I have tipped it so many times that the spoiler ... well, there isn't one anymore that's why I'm here to ask did anyone try to put a body (plastic case) on the carnage from another car please if someone has please tell me what car the case is from and if any mods need to be done to the case for it to fit.

Thanks, 

Cuba

For the spoiler, buy two of the standard ones and stick them together with silicone sealant. Makes them much tougher but retains the flexibility.