• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

FP stock is usually good for FTX, although Nige has been away so supplier orders have been on hold. Normal service will resume from Monday.:good: (there are many spur gears in stock btw, as these are a popular seller)

• Like 1

I recommend Proline Badlands or Trenchers as a nice upgrade tyre wise. Currently running Trenchers on mine and it gives it a nice beefy MT look, especially with the pick-up shell fitted.

• Like 1

Question, if anyone has the answer...

Went out for a bash today, had a bloody good run, so much fun it should be illegal lol,

But after running through wet grass and jumping grassy burms for some time, I had the bottom end of my suspension come away from the threaded end, so that stopped play,

Got home fixed it with superglue re-bent the wheelie bar back into shape,

But when I switched on mext time no bleeps nothing, fan on esc working lights on rx working but no connection.

So I re bind the tx and rx lights show done, but same after removing bind plug no bleeps.

Have I got something too wet maybe, whats going on I dont know, im mew to rc, but if it was an engineering problem I could have it sorted, but it seems as if rx and tx are not communicating.

Any help would be great,

obligatory grass soaked carnage pic.

339bad3a4808fe982ed1ce0740cdccce.jpg85a3eaf73077fdb0e63ff8dedc59d501.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If you have steering then binding isn't the problem as it's bound. If it wasn't bound then you wouldn't have steering at all. Sounds like it's the ESC. 

The fan on esc is working and light on esc is working too, another thing is it doesn't beep to confirm on and tx/rx connected.

And there was me thinking this was waterproof ffs. Damm.

Spoke to the bloke I bought it from and he said this... 

If you have steering but nothing else,the ESC may need recalibrating,i have asked FTX to send the procedure for this as it is a sequence using the set button you mentioned before.
The symptons sound like the condition you have ie.steering but no power.
Someone may have posted the sequence on the internet,but i will forward it on to you as soon as we get it.

And there was me thinking this was waterproof ffs. Damm.

Spoke to the bloke I bought it from and he said this... 

If you have steering but nothing else,the ESC may need recalibrating,i have asked FTX to send the procedure for this as it is a sequence using the set button you mentioned before.

The symptons sound like the condition you have ie.steering but no power.

Someone may have posted the sequence on the internet,but i will forward it on to you as soon as we get it.

Well still not heard from him so still none the wiser about esc recalibrating,

Anyone had to do this on a ftx before? Cant find nowt on t Google either lol.

Etronix photon Esc?

Your Rx isn't wp, needs either popping into a small, wp RX box or, chucking in a balloon, wrap balloon in electrical tape, cable tie around the neck where the wires exit and a smear of grease/Vaseline around the cables to prevent water ingress. The rubber perishes over time so replace as required. 

20 hours ago, yannistz said:

Image didn't work on previous post.

I connected it like this.

image.jpeg

image.png

You've got it the right way up and the right way round, you've just mounted it too far forward. move it back to the other holes and it'll work a treat. The front holes are for the steering links.

Thanks Chew.

The holes behind require smaller thread screws. The alum ackerman came with larger ones that can only be fitted in the front holes. That confused me a bit. So far I trimmed a bit the top plate from underneath in order to fit it upside down like in the photo but the there is a problem with the steering mounts of the wheels.

So, to get this right, do you suggest to have it underneath the driveshaft? And put it in the smaller holes right? And have the front holes for the wheels? Have you tried this yourself?

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, yannistz said:

Thanks Chew.

The holes behind require smaller thread screws. The alum ackerman came with larger ones that can only be fitted in the front holes. That confused me a bit. So far I trimmed a bit the top plate from underneath in order to fit it upside down like in the photo but the there is a problem with the steering mounts of the wheels.

So, to get this right, do you suggest to have it underneath the driveshaft? And put it in the smaller holes right? And have the front holes for the wheels? Have you tried this yourself?

image.jpeg

Yup, exactly as you had it, just in the rear holes. You should be able to use the original screws from the placcy ackky. Screw upwards through the Ackky into the arms. 

5 hours ago, yannistz said:

You are the man Chew! Thanks, it worked perfectly. Screws are very tight in there though.. I wouldn't guess they would fit.. Cheers!

I'm not going to make any comments about tight screws, it wouldn't be appropriate :P