• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Vantage/Carnage owners Thread

As promised....

steeringexplained.jpg

as it is on the photo, all 4 positions increase rotation of steering knuckle but reduce forces.

this is not the set up from stock. this set up requires a stronger servo and the one i have is 6kg (compared to the 3kg stock).

if your stock servo struggles, you need to change position 1,2,3 or 4 to the other position than the one on my set up... you might need to alter more than 1!

on 5, I decided to increase the forces applied on the servo saver, i felt it was too soft and wasn't driving the steering knuckle enough. i used the inner ring of a bearing (8mm diameter I think) and reduced the thickness by half with my dremel!

Used this technique. Works fine for me with a Hi-Tec high torque/high speed servo :)

James

:)

• Like 2

I would have got one of those but I was to impatient

Mine came in about 3 days fella. Ordered from the UK warehouse. 

• Like 1

Ah, fair play fella. I only needed the Vandal for its diffs lol. I unboxed it, stripped it and rebuilt it with the old diffs from my Carnage in an evening! Just need a shed load more bits to rebuild Carnage. 

Hi I'm new to this and I own a carnage , does anyone know if the chassis, shock towers and top plate from a vantage pro kit (carbon) are compatible with the carnage ?

Thanks

Hi bud only the shock towers will be the chassis and top brace are to short for the carnage :)

Hmmm..What if I used the driveshafts from a vantage

They are not compatible either. Carnage A-arms and shafts are longer.

Edited by MGR

Hmmm..What if I used the driveshafts from a vantage

nope proberly not the chassis on the vantage is shorter than the one on the carnage which means you will end up with different wheel base :)

nope proberly not the chassis on the vantage is shorter than the one on the carnage which means you will end up with different wheel base :)

So it would work it just wouldn't be the same size truggy as before it would have a shorter wheel base

So it would work it just wouldn't be the same size truggy as before it would have a shorter wheel base

But remember this will affect the shell fitting as the body posts are closer front and rear.

Why so intent on using Vantage components on a Carnage? I have both carnage brushless and vantage pro. Specific parts for both are commonly available.

• Like 1

But remember this will affect the shell fitting as the body posts are closer front and rear.

Why so intent on using Vantage components on a Carnage? I have both carnage brushless and vantage pro. Specific parts for both are commonly available.

Vary good point my friend and even if you do get it to fit it will look odd

Vary good point my friend and even if you do get it to fit it will look odd

My mates got a vantage pro kit sat doing nothing , and I need new chassis and a new shock tower , thought I might just make a hybrid out of the 2

My mates got a vantage pro kit sat doing nothing , and I need new chassis and a new shock tower , thought I might just make a hybrid out of the 2

Ah, understand now. As FTX parts are cheap as chips, (if it were me) I would snap up the used pro roller as a second car and buy the correct parts needed for the Carnage. Despite being based on the same design, they both handle VERY diffreently. I use the carnage as a basher on the local Bmx track and the vantage on Tarmac and loose dirt. They vantage handles jumps / landings way better (as buggies tend to do). Just a thought.

• Like 2

I'm very tempted to stick my Carnage wheels on my Vandal and see what happens! I'm not gonna be putting them back on the Carnage after its rebuild so they're going spare anyway lol

Ah, understand now. As FTX parts are cheap as chips, (if it were me) I would snap up the used pro roller as a second car and buy the correct parts needed for the Carnage. Despite being based on the same design, they both handle VERY diffreently. I use the carnage as a basher on the local Bmx track and the vantage on Tarmac and loose dirt. They vantage handles jumps / landings way better (as buggies tend to do). Just a thought.

Yeah I thought it may make the carnage handle better on Tarmac and smoother surfaces , hmm il have me a think

Hi all, posing in here to get some help, My son has just bought the Carnage as his first RC outing..   his first proper run and he hit an immovable object and snapped his front suspension arm.

This part here  http://www.modelsport.co.uk/ftx-front-lower-suspension-arms-carnage/rc-car-products/365909

I have built many RC cars over the years but when attempting to dismantle the carnage the Suspension arms appear to be pinned in place - does anyone have an exploded diagram or a process to remove the sus arms?  

Thanks in advance!

You've got 3 hex bolts on the front of the diff casing. Pop those out and then remove the plastic cover and the arms will slide off.

There'll be an exploded diagram in the instruction manual that came with the Carnage. 

Tis a very useful resource to have at hand fella  :whistling:

Having said that, seeing as it's a Carnage you'll soon be able to strip it down in your sleep  :shockingscary: (I love mine but I've had it in bits more than once)

• Like 1