• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Robin's Red Rover 45

Bubbles

now that is a very nice inprovment mate looks sweet as a nut....if it was me i would probs think of de badging it tho for the smoother look but that my oppinion lol but other than that very nice i like :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

damn right, very very light weight and a great engine once the issues are sorted. still much more advanced engines that a lot of others on the market today! is yours a 84hp or 101hp version?

I've done the head, water pump and cambelt on mine so I should be good for a while :)

Mine is the 84hp one but I'm very tempted to get the larger de-restricted throttle body and throttle cable which takes it up to 101hp

Greg

I've done the head, water pump and cambelt on mine so I should be good for a while :)

Mine is the 84hp one but I'm very tempted to get the larger de-restricted throttle body and throttle cable which takes it up to 101hp

Greg

there should just be a piece of plastic you can saw off with a hacksaw to de-restrict it :good:

Drives amazingly. however I can no longer get into the multistorey near uni

and I can't get out of the BP station in winchester, I had to turn around and go out through the entrance... :rolleyes:

lil pichur from the other day

CvUiJ.jpg

as for updates, I'm removing the grey trims from the interior in favour of a full rover walnut treatment, and possibly losing the stickerbombing. its starting to peel off on the drivers side unfortunately :(

Wheel Spacers + Black wheels would look awesome :)

TBH, I had one of these when I was 16 (Yes, I know, Tut tut, young and stupid, driving no license etc) It was a 2.0 Diesel Saloon in Blue, but pretty high spec. Used to drive around every where. Such a nice car to drive, my mates used to call it the Sponge :D

Loadsa room in the back too, if you know what I mean ;):P

ID stick to one other colour (Red/White or Red/Black) as opposed to 2, but great first whip :)

the black spoiler is now gone in favour of whats known as a "tea tray" :lol:

wood interior parts purchased today, waiting for a few more bits in the post. rear seats to go back in and some banded steel wheels are on the wish list :good:

the black spoiler is now gone in favour of whats known as a "tea tray" :lol:

wood interior parts purchased today, waiting for a few more bits in the post. rear seats to go back in and some banded steel wheels are on the wish list :good:

The V6 Saloon Spoiler (my most hated car on earth! lol!)

• 5 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted in here, not had time to do much to the car unfortunately

apart from now having full walnut trims and a black center console I've done nothing else

I had some free time the other day and managed to get me a set of 8j vauxhall steelies with some rubber for