• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

(REVO) what should be done to fully service a revo 3.3

RCbutcher

My revo was sat for 12mnths before I got it I've ran it for around an hour and a half max since having it.

Now I'm thinking oils need replacing and anything else but I don't know this side yet I haven't needed to use oils before I have done the shocks there oil was sludge at best. And ofcouse I've used air filter and after run oil.

Should I trust these Hong Kong bearings

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/22pcs-TRAXXAS-E-REVO-REVO-3-3-PLATINUM-Metal-Sealed-Ball-Bearing-Set-/370598504340?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5649646794

I have a foc I might fit next month so I should replace the bearings whilst its open

How many revo 3.3s are on the forum yet don't hear much about them but they do have there fair share of problems surly so come on revo people fill this thread

Depends what you mean by "service" if I was running it competitively, I would change the shock oils and diff oils every couple of months, but when just bashing, as needed really. It's always worth checking your bearings during a strip down and change any that are sloppy, a collapsed bearing in the centre transition for example can make a real mess to the cases, gears and other bearings.

Thank you the revo is atleast 2yrs old and was stored for nearly a year so I thought a full service would be both good for the truck and good for me to get to grips with it more I did the shock oils.

What diff oil should I get I'm never gonna race it competitive so long lasting parts are my needs not performance