• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FG Marder servo reccomendations

richie-rich

hi all before anyone starts i have used the search bar but i could only find reccomendations for the steering servos.

What im after is reccomendations for a throttle and layshaft brake servo and a servo to run some hydraulic disc brakes on.

Obviously the cheaper the better but open to all suggestions.

Also i need some servo horns for my 2 Bluebird L530MG servos and im also wanting to upgrade my layshaft brake. Could anybody help me source these parts please.

Thanks

i have been looking for servos too narrowed it down to the savox jumbo SV0235MG [email protected] and [email protected] for the steering

and a another savox or alturn both rated at [email protected] but cant remember the part No.

im after throttle and brake servos buddy

I have a Bluebird 630mg with 15kg torque for throttle / brake on 1 of mine & its been really good for the price.

they seem good buddy im really impress by bluebird stuff.

In my opinion having used these

http://www.freeprawn...sav-sc1256.html I'd say you'd be hard pushed to beat them.

I use one for my front brake, one for my throttle & layshaft brake and one of these for my steeing

leopard2build011.jpg

cheers mike i have been looking at those but having bought another marder so funds are a bit low lol but once the truggy has sold two of those will be on my list

Well i have taken the plunge and just ordered two Savox SC-1256.

This will relievew me highly as it currently has a tower pro for a throttle and brake servo :/

great choice buddy, mines been in 3 cars and now resides in the baja =D

It's all relative though isn't it, I want to race at a good level so I get what I consider to be the best gear. Racing isn't for everyone just like bashing but you can turn up to both with a basic marder and have fun.

• Like 1

I ran Savox on teh Baja until I had one die for no apparant reason...no warning...just stopped dead. Typically it was on the first run at a bash too..

Motor in it just died. No burning or obvious failure of the circuit board.

Now trying an Alturn instead.

It's all relative though isn't it, I want to race at a good level so I get what I consider to be the best gear. Racing isn't for everyone just like bashing but you can turn up to both with a basic marder and have fun.

i am similar minded mike i dont race but i still like to have the best gear. Like my bike i dont race but its a full sus carbon 2011 specialized epic, love it to peices

i am similar minded mike i dont race but i still like to have the best gear. Like my bike i dont race but its a full sus carbon 2011 specialized epic, love it to peices

And before anyone jumps up and down.... I know full well that the best gear for racing in my opinion may not be the best gear for bashing.

lol i dont do it to get fit no no no i smoke way to much haha i do it to get some adranline once in a while hence why downhill and freeride were created :good:

Try driving my old landrover for that kind of thrill, where brakes and steering are a thing of the imagination - I've had a few "brown moments"