• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stockwood

Sphinx

I was really looking forward to a stockwood visit at some point!! You nitro guys havnt ruined another spot for us silent electric users have you lol!! (jk).

Shame really, i can see how nitro noise annoys people they are very very loud but in the same vain i would have the neighbours not cut their grass due to the noise, or the bin men not wake me up at 630 with their trucks along with a million other things people do that infringe on my life that i dont complain about because they enjoy it or its their job etc etc, why cant everyone just get along lol

On a side note jelliot and i were at the quarry down the A37 last weekend doing some exploring - now that was fun!!

its the nunnery quarry that we went to. The top location in the "Bashing spots in and around Brizzle" (never joined in on that Brizzle name even after 5 years there lol!). To be honest we just kind of ambled about neither of us had the right setups i don't personally think. My rusty has Virus 2.0 shocks on the rear that are a bit stiff for that terrain, plus the tyres I'm running (YokoHomo Geolanders) were not the best. My pede was running fine though to be honest, maybe only a few changes to make there. Jelliots hyper 7 was running pretty well there, id have messed with the shocks a little, maybe a different set of tyres and a little more ride height. With the right setups i think we would get along better there but ended up enjoying different sections, my rusty i wasn't hugely impressed with there but know i will be with softer rear shocks and some soft 2.8's on instead of stiff 2.2's my pede i loved being in that little wood section with all the jumps built up (mid far left on the image in the other thread) which the hyper didn't do so well on due to ground clearance and my pede enjoyed the large big wall in the middle - jumped off that a few times!! I want to get some more time there, spend a full day rater than half a day there and explore properly with some options to alter setups. Also we weren't fully prepared for the distance, so didn't have all the amenities we should have taken - enough to drink bit of water to wash hands (rolling cigs is difficult with oily hands!) and other little bits like that.

Loved it thug, plenty to do there and a lot of different options

WELL WELL WELL literally this track is 2 mins away from me and my argument is thaat if someone trys to stop you take your caar or inturupts your fun smack em :D unless the council tells you your not aloud there then DRIVE on i have raised this matter with the bikers and they just walk of in a huff because they havent got a foot to stand on they take your car then take there bike or if there on foot use your transmitter to smack him over thee head carry on and play guys seriosuly how low are some people and if you get over powerd grab your stuff and run run run :D

• 1 year later...

As it's been almost 12 months since the last post, I think it would be good to re-visit this old haunt.

From my remembrance the first jump from the start was almost SUICIDAL with speed on a bike and I only tried it once on my quad..... 

It also has a great table-top jump in the middle!

The closest houses are over looking the track from the  allotments so the noise cant be that bad! 

Anyone up for trying this again?