• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

sun and bikes!

creamsodauk

Went exploring weekend... Sort of ran out of things to go up haha. Here's a pic at the top amabevy9.jpg Shame it was cloudy and couldn't see far, doest look that high but it bloody is !!! Also put a good few miles in on the mtb's over long weekend. Few picss... veze3ehy.jpgdydu9eje.jpgqysytynu.jpgeranyza4.jpg Some nice bikes on this thread ! :thumbsup::D

Edited by Ste001

Went exploring weekend... Sort of ran out of things to go up haha. Here's a pic at the top Shame it was cloudy and couldn't see far, doest look that high but it bloody is !!! Also put a good few miles in on the mtb's over long weekend. Few picss... qysytynu.jpg

I spy Barmouth bridge in the background there! Must have been a bloody long ride if you went from Cannok :P 

I spy Barmouth bridge in the background there! Must have been a bloody long ride if you went from Cannok :P

Indeed you do ;) haha. Nah did the beast at coed y brenin then had some lunch and rode from the caravan in tal y bont to just the oter side of fairbourn to see nan and grandad haha

Thank you, I will! Do you know what tyres he uses?

He's using Dunlop Roadsmart 2 tyres. He does a lot of 2 up riding and those tyres do him well. Gets about 4k miles out of the back tyre and I have never heard him complian about grip.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

He's using Dunlop Roadsmart 2 tyres. He does a lot of 2 up riding and those tyres do him well. Gets about 4k miles out of the back tyre and I have never heard him complian about grip.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much sir

Nice bike Jake, I rode a 2005 model for a couple of weeks as a courtesy bike some time back.

Thank you sir, I can't wait to get it insured so I can go and play. Its ideal for what I want to do and its almost mint, from what I can see there is only a very small chip in the tank. What did you think of the ride?

• 2 months later...

Went for a sunny Sunday ride to the coast on the vfr800, headed for Machynlleth, down to Aberdovey, up along the coast, through Talybont to Harlec and then over Dinas Mawddwy to go home. In all it was 167miles of bumps, bends, 30mph and 40mph zones mixed in with nutters on bikes who think they are Valentino Rossi until they get to the first corner! Still a very nice ride.

Somewhere between Aberdovey and Barmouth 

DSCF3709_zpsgfpyi7sr.jpg

Just outside Talybont, bike facing towards Bar mouth

DSCF3713_zps0ipmtezv.jpg

Somewhere south of Harlec

DSCF3717_zpshjejc1uo.jpg

Just north of Harlec

DSCF3718_zpsjmbya7zc.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bust in on this thread, Iv done car lessons and have a provisional, I will get a full car licesnce but at the end of the day wont be able to afford a car, so what do I have ot do, and what can I ride at 19, do I need anything ontop of a car licence...Kind of a spur of the moment post so done no reasearch at all sorry, have always wanted a bike though, I like anything with two wheels!

Sorry to bust in on this thread, Iv done car lessons and have a provisional, I will get a full car licesnce but at the end of the day wont be able to afford a car, so what do I have ot do, and what can I ride at 19, do I need anything ontop of a car licence...Kind of a spur of the moment post so done no reasearch at all sorry, have always wanted a bike though, I like anything with two wheels!

You need to go for a cbt (

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Aberdare Park road races for the weekend, only just got home. Spent Friday eveing watching the sunset with Hannah (the Honda) and a bottle of larger in my hand! Was a great weekend full of bikes, beer and sun.

DSCF3739_zpsrtiqp1gd.jpg

This thread makes me sad, but only because I don't have a bike anymore.

My fav bike so far was my hayabusa closely followed by my vfr 800

I plan to get another one once my little one is bigger. But gonna go for a bmw adventure bike :)

I've been tearing up the back roads most of the weekend, sadly only one picture taken. I was with a mate on his R6

ktm8_zps4fe07230.jpg

Continental Road Attack 2's have been surprisingly good, since I bought the 19/17 wheel setup with tyres second hand

Edited by cyronn
  • Like 1

Looks a beast how was it in the corners ?

Surprisingly good. Gave it a good pasting from Brampton to Alston, then Alston over Hartside and down to Melmerby (don't know if you know the road) and apart from the pegs scraping the ground all the time, the only limiting factor was trying to get it to change direction very quickly, it changes direction quick, don't get me wrong, but not KTM SMT quick ;) The Crosstourer DCT is a bike that is very under appreciated. Even if you don't want one, go and have a go on one, they're an amazing piece of kit. Almost unbelievable for what they are. They're big, heavy and wear 150/70/17 rear and 110/70/19 front, but once you get rolling, you'd never know it.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a run out last night. Did Hardknott & Rhinos on the new bike. I actually enjoyed the 2 passes this time, the big V4 made it very relaxing.

Oh, Yea, only gone and bought myself a VFR1200 X Crosstourer [emoji3]

82fb70a5af50c8661aed9d3b2295aa34.jpg

Edited by Nick280