• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

hpi baja 5bss 0r losi 5t

jim46

Only negative I've heard about the 5ive is it's a bit sterile. Just too good at what it does. I've heard at least two reports of Baja owners selling up and going 5ive, but found them boring and so selling the 5ive and going back to the Baja.

The Baja can be made to handle and handle quite well, but it'll always be a 2wd, useless on slippery surfaces like damp grass. I love my flux version with a passion, but it'll never compete with any 4wd. As it's only a basher, ain't care! ;)

4wd is for ppl with little to no skill...mash throttle and steer. 2wd requires skill and patience and when u get it right is more rewarding imo :thumbsup:

(note - i own 2 4wd cars and whilst fun to drive the baja is more rewarding, when you get it right)

A big factor for me choosing the Baja over a 5ive was because I wanted something different to what i already had. I took my time, did my research and don't regret the decision one bit. Dont get me wrong, 4wd are a blast but, for me at least, they are very quick to get the hang of whereas the 5b requires more finesse and patience (something which im graced with not a lot of :lol: )

Whats one of the reasons i want 2wd, i already have wr8(4wd), i tried to disconnect front wheels, it was really fun :) One more thing, i really want ss kit, Im enjoying disassembling my cars, it would be so joyful to make one by your self...