• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North Wales

windy81

Nice one man!!!" free of charge from hpi??? Its a nice feeling having stuff for free rather than spending a small fortune on these cars....still wouldn't change it though!! I had a quick scan of the quarry its opposite that huge landfill site..looks very promising for a days bash!!

Nice one man!!!" free of charge from hpi??? Its a nice feeling having stuff for free rather than spending a small fortune on these cars....still wouldn't change it though!! I had a quick scan of the quarry its opposite that huge landfill site..looks very promising for a days bash!!

if you follow the road all the way down did you come across some pretty big gates, if so you've gone to far, the way we went in was just up the hill as you turn in on the left hand side only about 50ft from the entrance it leads down into the quarry on the left, if i can figure out how to upload some pics i will put them up in my gallery. i will be back down that way on sunday the 2nd sept if you fancy meeting up, if the weather is ok tomorrow, two mates from rhyl will be there

Still not managed to get down there myself but pics would defo help!!

Yeah free new engine from hpi and I bought a bigger engine too!!

Edited by ShadowDEMON88

Very good, always good to get a bargin!! And free stuff is always good..especially in this hobby!!im just waiting for hobbyking UK warehouse to get some decent batteries back in shock!! My new motor needs 5s!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The little road opposite the cafe. Pretty much takes you into the quarry..there's a grassy bit with some deepish tracks and jumps..not very big but you can just enter the quarry from there..there is some pretty big trails inside and never seen anyone working there. Just a few lads on trail bikes messing around. Im in halkyn this morning and have come across another quarry type place..just has little walk around it and looks pretty good, less rocks and more grass..

I was in prestatyn yesterday and see they have finished work by pontins now by the golf course..looks pretty good just a lot of people walking their dogs!!!!

The dog walkers are ok there, get the odd dog coming over to have a look and might give chase but thats where I go all the time. And the ffrith beach complex!!

Went up to llandudno, found a little spot down by the west shore. Heres what happened.....

Nice video mate..your truggy seems to be ripping!!!I've buy the complex by ffrith beach but no way parking my van there !!!bloody height restricters....do you know where is best to park???is there some good land there to bash on?? With all this rain we are getting at the mo i don't don't know when I'll be out bashing again. Take it easy bud.

Nice video mate..your truggy seems to be ripping!!!I've buy the complex by ffrith beach but no way parking my van there !!!bloody height restricters....do you know where is best to park???is there some good land there to bash on?? With all this rain we are getting at the mo i don't don't know when I'll be out bashing again. Take it easy bud.

Since I've put the new engine in I've had no problems and Yes it is rapid!! There are a few spots at the ffrith. If u can't get your van under the barrier u could try parking it at the bowling centre on the other side of the ffrith. Big open area of grass with some hidden bumps, there's also an old quad track on one side of the complex but is ovwer grown with weeds. Wanted to get down there and just start ripping them up. Sure the owner won't mind....

Got to that time in the year when the weathers gonna be hit and miss. So think I will be taking ever opportunity to get the truggy out!

Oh the quad track sounds very interesting!! I'll Defo try get the van parked up next time. I can always pass through that way with work so next nice day I'll try it out...it's pretty lame in Ruthin for bashing spots always got to drive somewhere to get a decent run. Be cool to meet you down at pontins or frith but now the weathers turning itll been hard to arrange a time with a dependable day!!might catch u there next time we get some sun....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...