• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Baja 5SCe Brushless - El Beasto \m/

Noj

sorry Joe, that comment was meant for Dan re spring upgrades lol I will not run the 5SC until all safety devices are installed.....no newbie smokey madness here folks, I have a reputation to uphold :whistling:

• Like 1

I'm in Leeds, Joe - tend to bash in the park and more recently in the nearby woods, hence brushless as petrol would just cause too much upset ;)

The odd speed run may be fun, but with a shell on the SC will no doubt point her nose into the air, flip onto the roof and fun over! Not sure if racing a brushless is doable anyway, surely the petrol boys would get upset having a continual a$$ whupping :tease: Serioulsy tho, a good balance between speed and off road driveability is the best option?

Could be a good compromise tho, unless the esc proves to be a nightmare of set up and running problems....certainly a cheaper option than the Lehner, which is now a non-contender anyway....

true offroad driveability = 6s,

best ballance of both = 7s

Speed and fast jumps = 8s,

well thats how i work anyway :)

Having a pair of 3s, and a pair of 4s lets me run them in combinations to give any of the above setups :)

you can race (down to the owner of the track of course :P), it wont be that much faster than a high end baja, mine is faster (but not that considerably) than most i've seen when running 7s, 8s it can eat almost anything ;)

going 10s is unnecessary weight imo... you'll only be spinning the wheels through a set of

• Like 1

Excellent Joe, that is very helpful info indeed. If you can't get off the line then personally I feel your fun cannot begin! Top speed is one of those things that you seldom get to try out.....or perhaps should be achieved more??? Not in the woods, too many of those mobile trees for my liking.

Clive, what have we done here...then again should you ever ignore a twitching credit card..... :whistling:

I've got a short clip uploading to youtube as we speak ;)

just to show the performance on 7s :) no spectacular edit or stunts ;)

edit: just remembered two things i dont like about the castle conversion kit :P

one... the battery straps arent long enough for my huge batteries :P

two... the fans in the shroud aren't replaceable without drilling them out... not great when you run in a gravelly place, as the fans get eaten :P

not that the fans are really needed... or that they expect you to be running 8Ah batteries tho :P

Edited by Bazzokajoe

if a motor is geared correctly (mine is ;)) it will remain cool throughout the run, no need for fans on a motor, these things are like 92% efficient if geared correctly :)

the fans are just an extra measure to keep it extra cool :) in 5 minutes when the video is done, the run shown the motor didnt even get warm to the touch

clives baja is the nuts... anything he does is showboating in neils eyes ;)

Edited by Bazzokajoe

I had a look too Clive.....

The fans - look fantastic but not durable...... You've got to run fans tho, surely?

Personally, I don't think they're a necessity, geared right you won't have any heat issues.

if a motor is geared correctly (mine is ;)) it will remain cool throughout the run, no need for fans on a motor, these things are like 92% efficient if geared correctly :)

the fans are just an extra measure to keep it extra cool :) in 5 minutes when the video is done, the run shown the motor didnt even get warm to the touch

clives baja is the nuts... anything he does is showboating in neils eyes ;)

Joe, you're typing too fast! I keep getting beaten to the answers!

• Like 1