• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AoWei 1/5 26cc Yama, your views of it?

MagnersMan187

It's extremely refreshing to see someone new to 5th scale like you are to still big up what they bought even though you've had a few problems with it.

And this isn't meant in a sarcastic or patronizing way either, too many people buy them, rip a tyre or something and sell it :lol: so respect for that :thumbsup:

Cheers buddy. My issues were self inflicted.

The reason I am so upbeat about them still is I called the shop spoke to the mechanic who was spot on, gave me some tips ect to help me fix her and here we are alive and well. haha.

racing against another yama buggy will probably be fun

race against any other 1/5 scale will see you scouring ebay for an engine with a bit more oomph

upgrading the engine before upgrading the rest of the car will leave you with a box of broken plastic parts

assuming you have an alloy gear carrier (if your carrier is still plastic you can get a male and female balljoint to brace the shafts

Edited by norney hurtmore

• 1 year later...

I Bought one and its the worst rc petrol car iv had. I haven't even took it out for a good bashing yet. its about 3 weeks old and every time I go to take it out something is wrong with it. 1. Exhaust hadn't been finished properly so it leaks oil  all over.  2. HT lead keeps coming off but did get it to stay on. 3.it had a washer missing behind the clutch shoes so they weren't engaging with the driven bell, says in the manual it should have one but it never. 4. steering servo horn stripped don't know how but it did and I cant find a replace part so I glued it back on. 5. Pull start has just came apart inside, screw has loosened off and its snapped the string and the spring coil has came out

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THESE SH***Y NITROTEK CARS!

Hi mate I've got a Yama buggy it's a ok buggy if you never seen any other petrol buggy. But as soon as you compare it to a baja you seem how **** it is.

Also because its not as popular as the hpi/km baja, parts are more expensive, I need 2 rear wheels now and there

• 6 years later...