• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New ride - MCD W5

psyshow

Hi, could you measure the width of the mcd w5 tyre please. Can't find the info on the web.

Thinking of putting a set on my losi with craftwerks extenders. Not sure if they will fit.

Baja 5t rears squeeze in with the extenders & it looks like the mcd ones are wider?

Thanks

Bit of quick snap judgement mate lol. The clue is in the title 'RAW' racing. it has many forms. RAW being in the style we race, and RAW also breaks down to down to 'Rag'it And Win racing. It works on many levels lol. Are we BRCA regulated? No, Does that mean we can't race? No. We race what we want and how we want. It's a very relaxed approach to racing which open's the experience upto anyone and everyone who want's to give it a try. We're not 'pro's' in the sense there is a league I grant you that. That doesn't mean we're not having any less fun or not contending against each other with non race legal pipes. If you've got it - run it! Unregulated racing. It's in the sig :thumbsup:

Well said buddy.

Oh and about standard mcd shock oil, you'll be very lucky to find what they use. Even Sinan the owner doesn't know lol.

They just have a big 45gal drum that says "put this in shocks" lol

What some of the guys are doing is experimenting with shock piston hole sizes and keeping with a known oil weight..

I was using 1000w mcd oil in my v4 with standard pistons, was ok may want to go down to 800 on a rough track..

Well said buddy.

Oh and about standard mcd shock oil, you'll be very lucky to find what they use. Even Sinan the owner doesn't know lol.

They just have a big 45gal drum that says "put this in shocks" lol

What some of the guys are doing is experimenting with shock piston hole sizes and keeping with a known oil weight..

I was using 1000w mcd oil in my v4 with standard pistons, was ok may want to go down to 800 on a rough track..

Yeah, the surface is a little bumpy, in fact that was one of the main reason's i changed brand - the FG just wasn't up to the ground clearance :(

I'm gutted to hear there isn't a factory setting on which to work from. I shall get some 1000 & 800 then as a base point to start with. i appreciate your response. I'll also look into adjusting the shock piston holes!

Hi, could you measure the width of the mcd w5 tyre please. Can't find the info on the web.

Thinking of putting a set on my losi with craftwerks extenders. Not sure if they will fit.

Baja 5t rears squeeze in with the extenders & it looks like the mcd ones are wider?

Thanks

Hiya mate. i make them 8cm in width. hope that helps!

sorry for jugging a rc buy the body shell

where do you race

dan

lol, no worries mate ;)

We have raced a few places Dan. we did have our own track at one point in the form of RAW Raceway in Angmering. We then went back underground for a bit until we were lucky enough to secure a residency at ThunderFields. The video below is only a few months old but already the track has undergone some major changes since this. plus alot of people have changed brands. If you look through our photo's on our facebook group, you'll see there is now a strong representation from the Losi 5ives and MCD's.

lol, no worries mate ;)

We have raced a few places Dan. we did have our own track at one point in the form of RAW Raceway in Angmering. We then went back underground for a bit until we were lucky enough to secure a residency at ThunderFields. The video below is only a few months old but already the track has undergone some major changes since this. plus alot of people have changed brands. If you look through our photo's on our facebook group, you'll see there is now a strong representation from the Losi 5ives and MCD's.

hi mate i dont have Facebook because of problems

dan