• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Maverick owners club?

Ninja-Gaz

On 19/04/2019 at 22:59, potnoodleman said:

Hi all,

is there a way to extend the range of the strada MT evo S?, my truck seems to loose connection about 10-15 meters away and I have to go towards it before it moves again.

Also does anyone know what part no' or similar screws that go through the front hubs front underneath, I seem to keep loosing mine so Ive found a general screw and used threadlock for time being.

Thanks

The range problem is most often a broken aerial wire, or the transmitter not putting out enough power. Unless you have access to a spare radio to test against the simple fix would need to replace the radio.

For the front hubs, the lower kingpin screw is a common fault. It's fine until you hit something with the front wheel, this causes the C hub to flex which pulls the lower kingpin screw out which strips the thread out. The only fix is to replace the steering hub with a new one.

If you replace them with standard parts the next time you hit the front wheel on something solid the same thing will happen. Replacing the steering arm with an alloy one will prevent it happening.

The Maverick Strada range are made for HPI by HSP, so HSP suspension and transmission parts are interchangeable. So you can pay £24.68 for the Maverick parts or £18.72 for the HSP parts.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, terry.sc said:

The range problem is most often a broken aerial wire, or the transmitter not putting out enough power. Unless you have access to a spare radio to test against the simple fix would need to replace the radio.

For the front hubs, the lower kingpin screw is a common fault. It's fine until you hit something with the front wheel, this causes the C hub to flex which pulls the lower kingpin screw out which strips the thread out. The only fix is to replace the steering hub with a new one.

If you replace them with standard parts the next time you hit the front wheel on something solid the same thing will happen. Replacing the steering arm with an alloy one will prevent it happening.

The Maverick Strada range are made for HPI by HSP, so HSP suspension and transmission parts are interchangeable. So you can pay £24.68 for the Maverick parts or £18.72 for the HSP parts.

cheers, I'll look into that

9 hours ago, potnoodleman said:

cheers, I'll look into that

I would by this one instead https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-HSP-1-10-Model-Car-02013-02014-02015-Blue-Upgrade-Part-102010-102011-102012/271684855432  You get it a lot cheaper and some other bits too, I plan to buy one when I've got some money.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Taped Crusader said:

I would by this one instead https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-HSP-1-10-Model-Car-02013-02014-02015-Blue-Upgrade-Part-102010-102011-102012/271684855432  You get it a lot cheaper and some other bits too, I plan to buy one when I've got some money.

Yep, buying direct from China is cheaper, you just have to wait for delivery, especially if there's free postage. That one says delivery between 8 May and 1 June! Definitely worth it though if you are prepared to wait.

what lipos would you guys recommend for this truck? because I'm thinking of getting another pack cus I find the one I'm using now doesnt last as long, probably like 20 or so minutes of short bursts and driving around.  The one Im using now is this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html ,  would it be best to get a higher C and higher mah?

7 hours ago, potnoodleman said:

what lipos would you guys recommend for this truck? because I'm thinking of getting another pack cus I find the one I'm using now doesnt last as long, probably like 20 or so minutes of short bursts and driving around.  The one Im using now is this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-5000mah-2s-35-70c-lipo-pack-xt-90.html ,  would it be best to get a higher C and higher mah?

A higher mah would give you a better run time, I can't remember what the C rating does. I'm not sure if you will get much more than 20 minutes unless you find a really high mah battery, when my XB used to work I got maybe 5-7 minutes if run time because it had a stupid motor.

• Thanks 1

Sure you can find this many places but:

A's capacity (so mah/1000) * C rating = maximum current output.  Often rated in continuous and burst.

5000mah with 20C/35C can cope with 5Ax20C=100A current continuous and 5Ax35C = 175A burst.

That's the maximum you can draw from the battery.  Many other factors effec how much you will actually draw.  You draw more current accelerating, driving on in long grass, up a hill etc.  ESC / motor / gearing / vehicle weight are all factors.

Batteries capacity rating is usually calculated at a fairly low current draw, they are less efficient delivering more current.  That's why higher voltage batteries are often more efficient as they need less current for the same amount of work (power = volts x amps).

I use a 2S 5800mah Nanotech in my overweight, over powered Maverick SCT and get 15-20mins.  In the stock setup on tarmac it would run for ages.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2019 at 19:18, Andy20xe said:

So what kv motor would people recommend for a strada mt? Looking to upgrade from brushed !

540 sized around 3000-3500Kv.  I never tried, though I fully expect it's possible, to fit a 550 sized (36 60 etc) for increased torque.  Stock it doesn't need much to move but if you went with the alu nitro chassis for strength the added torque is probably useful.

Fwiw I never ran any of my strada's or clones on more than 2s day to day.  The on road may be an exception, but the rest of them a moderately quick 2S set up will push the chassis to it's limits handling wise.  

On 4 May 2019 at 19:18, Andy20xe said:

So what kv motor would people recommend for a strada mt? Looking to upgrade from brushed !

I used a 6.5turn 4500kv motor in my XB while it was 2wd, I never had any issues H it on 2s, until I went mad with timing and properly melted the motor and esc

Edited by Taped Crusader

• 1 year later...
On 11/07/2015 at 20:56, hitman said:

Anyone know if the proline raptor shell will fit an mt please? Don't know what I need to measure on mine to see if it will or not

Get yourself a New Bright Raptor £10 from argos got a 1 10 monster truck with it too lol only wanted the body turned the chassis into a paw patrol MT for the boy 

20200629_200728.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys i have a strada evo mt that i have converted to brushless for the wife and my son has a brushless strada mt. they are fun little cars.

i have just purchased the new quantum flux xt do any of you guys know if it an exclusive or is it the same as the strada and has same car by diff manufacturer.

thanks for your help guys.

• 1 year later...

Any maverick users still out there or is everyone on FTX ?

Bought it a year ago now,  haven't used it a lot but it's still fun from time to time, it's battered and bruised but still going.

Done some mods/changes to it:

New wheels /tyres

Plastic Wing

Wired body clips so they won't get lost

Shocks rubber boots

HSP aluminium chassi, front steering knuckles/hubs and steering links

Shoe goo'd the body but by then that was too late

Traxxas slash front bumper

Thicker shocks oil

Running on 2s 60c lipo

20220505_194323.jpg

20220505_194355.jpg