• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Has anyone else had any problems ordering from Gamestation Online?

Ruhel

Ordered a MW3 Xbox 360 320Gb edition with express uk (next day delivery) on monday. It was a bank holiday so it should have been dispatched Tuesday and arrive today. Now the site states that funds are taken just prior to dispatch so when Tuesday morning my account was debited I thought all was on track. Yet all yesterday my status remained "unshipped". Gave them a call first thing with no reply (on a premium rate number). So took to facebook and twitter to get some answers. Within an hour I had a call from customer service who said my product was being dispatched at 1pm guaranteed. Great I thought. So when I checked a 5pm my status was still unshipped I wasn't too pleased. So gave a call and the customer service picked up 5 mins before closing. She explained that my order was not dispatched and she didn't know why, and that she had no idea when I would receive it. I explained to her it was ordered with express delivery to which she replied that it did not included dispatch time. So next day delivery is not next day to gamestation? Then she told me the item was out of stock? I explained to her how can that be as GS had taken my money. To which she attempted to say that they have not taken any money. After biting my tongue I explained to her that as

Yep, there *****. I will never use the online ordering again for them. Dont forget just to be an ass, you can send it back and go buy from somewhere else, i would

stick the premium rate number in saynoto0870 ;) they are all a bunch of jobsworths there mate

Doesnt work with them. But I rang the number they contacted me from and its a direct line to their switchboard with no charge ;)

Update. Rang them today and have been informed that they had no stock, contrary to theirs stock indicator. And they took my money before having stock for dispatch. So now waiting for a call from a manager.

to their credit they offer the best money price for old games round here but the staff know virtually nil about the games they sell. they have a couple of consoles set up to play in our store but they are ALWAYS off

Edited by HATZY

Final update regarding this joke of a shop. Advised me on several occasion that there never was any stock issues and that extra stock was bought in to fulfil my order. Next day I was told that it was just about to be dispatched as the warehouse had printed my dispatch notice and was waiting for parcel force to collect. After several more phone calls due to no dispatch I just got fed up. Then low and behold I get an e-mail stating that they never had ANY stock of this product (after advertising that they had, and taking my money) and they that they understood how I felt? WTF? And in bold letters explaining to me how no money had been taken from my account. So after a heated discussion yet again with customer service I cancelled the whole order I placed and told him to give me ALL my money back. SO hopefully monday I get my refund. Will never be buying from gamestation online ever again. Never had any trouble with the local but might just steer clear from now on.

Ended up luckily finding a practically brand new one in my local CEX. The guy had bought it to get the game only!!!!! Well I already have the hardened edition so no problem. Rant over. :tease:

they are monkeys of the gamers world tbh, gamestation are ripp off merchants, give very bad advice and try sell you things that are way overpriced.

When i went in there shop the other day they where trying to tell somebody to buy a new hard drive as forza 4 has an update to download which is 7gb then you have to save the game which is another 7gb ... i was standing there thinking WTF? :xd:

to be honest, my local gamestation is bang on! gave me top dollar for my ps3 and helped me get my xbox package i wanted and did me a cracking deal on top. the guys knew what they were on about too. yet the local game is absolute bobbins run by what can only be described as on a family forum as zombies!! they had no interest in my money and tried to sell me a mw3 xbox because that would be more suited to my needs..........

never used them online as there so close.

just to add, i asked the lads at gamestation about saints row 3, they were out of stock thursday just gone, but phoned me friday afternoon to tell me they had got me one, still out of stock but i have a new sealed copy!!!

thats the only shop ill use now.

I have to say, the gamestation near me is fantastic, the staff there are funny polite and know what they are talking about, the fact that all of them are actually gamers helps a lot as they recommend games judging on what they have played. They also instantly recognise customers and i have been given special discounts, for no apparent reason :lol:

GAME on the other hand.....they gave me 1p for a 1 year old game, didnt realise till i looked at the receipt, got onto customer services who then gave me a