• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show Us Your Losi Mini 8ight

Sandy Ravage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's mine

img20120307160644.png

Here ya go, upgrades so far are;-

> Novak mongoose brushless system 10.5t

> CF towers and CF chasis top brace (with aluminium rear section!)

> Ansmann W3.1 radio system

> Hitec 225MG servo

> HPI 6 spoke TC wheels

> HPI pirelli T rally (soft compound)

> Phat bodies rear wing

Sorry bout the picture quality, camera phone ain't so great...

Edit, blue rpm ends... Was going with a blue color scheme then changed my mind. Need some white ones now to finish it off I think.

Edited by mainamigo

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine.

Rims, tyres and lipo's thanks to Danny aka mainamigo. Shell was by Jon Miller of www.rcgraphicworx.com.

DP front shock mount. Spring covers and rear axle guards (home made).

CF and clear chassis guards from Andy www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95831 Very nice product with holes that line up a treat.

HS-225MG ready to instal along with the Traxxas/Ofna shock mod.

Hope you like.

photo31.jpg

photo29.jpg

429235e2.jpg

b7d2de47.jpg

• Like 1

very nice!

do any 1/10th touring car wheels/tyres fit?

also what is the traxxas/ofna shock mod?

The ofna parts tree is OFN37100 , I cant remember the traxxas shock bottom part number, a quick googlw will find it I think

very nice!

do any 1/10th touring car wheels/tyres fit?

also what is the traxxas/ofna shock mod?

Cheers !

Parts numbers are Ofna tops are indeed #37100 and you need two to do all four and its the longer of the two and the Traxxas ends are #5349. You get six in a pack and you use the original Losi balls top and bottom - the Traxxas balls are huge. Lucky I got them as i landed a 10 foot jump on the left rear and broke the stock shock bottom. All fixed now.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's mine.

Rims, tyres and lipo's thanks to Danny aka mainamigo. Shell was by Jon Miller of www.rcgraphicworx.com.

DP front shock mount. Spring covers and rear axle guards (home made).

CF and clear chassis guards from Andy www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95831 Very nice product with holes that line up a treat.

HS-225MG ready to instal along with the Traxxas/Ofna shock mod.

Hope you like.

Heres mine neil as promised. Shell will arrive this week I think, I post another pic then.

imag0035od.jpg

imag0036rt.jpg

imag0037jt.jpg

imag0038pj.jpg

imag0039rr.jpg

imag0040q.jpg

imag0041jw.jpg

Spec is as follows;

> Novak mongoose 10.5t combo

> Savox sh-1250mg servo with kimsbrough saver

> CF Shock towers and chassis brace (with alloy rear section)

> Custom CF battery strap

> Alloy front hinge pin holders

> Alloy hubs, spindles carriers and wheel hexes

> White RPM ball cups

> stainless steel screw set

> HPI worx emotion wheel with schumacher white rally block tyres

> Green anodized lock nuts all round

> Phat bodies rear wing

> Soft anti roll bar front and rear

> Carisma GT14B shocks with soft progressive shock springs

Car handles like its on rails on slippy floor. For carpet, medium springs make it hook up nice, too much grip with soft springs. (maybe stiffer anti roll bar may also help.

Any questions, feel free to ask, Danny :)

Edited by mainamigo
  • Like 1

Hi lads really like the buggys im a nitro man but looking at these leccy just doesnt make sense to me like so around how much does one of these cost rtr with the upgrades yous have on them witb bats and charger the lot all advice very welcome or has any of yous got one for sale rtr

Sorry but you got a link to all i will need how long is the runtime to bud many thanks for the quick reply fella

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/losi-mini-8ight-brushless-buggy-red-/rc-car-products/366367

http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gens-1800-2s1p-lipo-battery-p-406441.html these batts when they are back in stock!

not sure on charger as i use elysium lx60 which is

Want to run it as fast as it will go whats the differance between 2S and 3s and 20c or 30c as this stuff makes no sence to me at the minuet as leccy total new to me and need a quick run throught as of whats what and the diffrance between stuff as i use a nitro hyper mainley but fancey leccy if i can get me head around it that is as its a little like rocket science at the minuet to me thanks all for your help sk far a little to got yet

I use gens ace packs, they real cheap and very good. The car is excellent in stock form, only things that you may want to change are wheels if your a racer., and maybe the servo. I'm gone ott on mine but I love it :)

Theres lots of vids on youtube too.

For this car any 2s pack or 3s pack will work fine if it fits in their. The c rating isn't all that important as the stock electrics dont have a massive power draw. I use a 2s 1300 mah 25c pack in mine and it flies. Lasts about 10 mins with that in. Thats a tiny battery too, you can get an 1800 in comfortably and even a 2200 with slight modification.

Gens ace are all you need +D cheap and great.

Edited by mainamigo

So im wanting 3S and as big in mah as i can get so when you run flat you just click in a fresh battety in and your ready to go so i will need a few batterys to for a good bash aslo can you get a charger that both works in home and also off car or van 12v cig lighter