• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

cant get my brakes to work - vid included (hyper 7 black)

josh1990

hi there, just got my hyper 7 off another member.

i managed to start the car after cleaning the carb and exhaust out and went to test it at low speed and the brakes wont work.

i tried only to use the brakes with the case on and nothing happens.

does anyone know if its a case of me setting it up the right way or has something broken and i need to replace it?

heres a vid to show what im on about :)

th_IMG_0224.jpg

whoa sorry but im completely new to the rc scene and car bits and bobs.

i had to look at many guides to understand how to take my carb off before it just took some strength as it was seized, would take it to my local hobby shop but they wern't very helpful last time i went

so what is a setrvo horn, tx's and rx's etc??

Edited by josh1990

hi again, thanks for your quick replies, iv done what you suggested.

but again it seems im having a little trouble, my idle speed is sky rocket high, and fuel is coming out the exhaust, when i tip it sideways (when off) its leaking out!

took the air filter off to have a look at how wide the gap is and i'd say 4mm open! i believe it should be 1.5?

anyway its 2nd hand so i dont have the manual, and i cant find the idle speed needle, i thought i had found it but im turning it counter clock wise and its just getting looser with the gap not closing. heres a pic..

IMG_0226.jpg

anyone know where it is?' cant find an online manual..

thanks

thanks for the reply! right now problem number 2!: i thought it was that and was turning it but nothings closing which made me believe it might had been something else.

so what do i do if that screw isnt doing anything? get a new carb? or hopefully a smaller piece?

also i think i believe you about the knackered servo because it does seem unresponsive at times and not very powerful, the trims do nothing untll they reach max on either end of the scale. can anyone recommend some that do the trick, cheap and reliable?

thanks!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170653186613?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

cheep but reliable has yet to be seen should do you for now till you can get something like a savox the carb likew i said oil it up and give it a good loosening upif it still doesnt close you might need new maybe someone on here might know a little trick or two

yeah i oiled the servo and screw and i think i know what the problem is,

i set the trim to normal then i had to adjust the metal link arms on the servo, they were loose. me and my bro had a whack at it and we got the idle speed down in the end.

turns out when i adjusted the metal link arms the servo response was better but still not great. at least i could apply the brakes.

however before this i took the whole carb off again and cleaned each peice so i know its not the dirt..

the thing is to get to this stage iv adjusted all the knobs to get the idle speed set right, now it stalls when i brake and doesn't run right. im guna see if that modelshop will have a look at it as they know what their doing.

thanks for your help guys, ill get there in the end!

P.S: the servo you linked, i want two right for steering and throttle? ebay its $16 and on modelsport its

Edited by josh1990

update, i took it to the hobby shop and the guy fixed the idle rev's, brakes work without stalling the car. very happy now! can tune the car now it runs idle ok.

yeah the gold needle (high speed needle i think its called?) and the low speed one are all over the place, like i said now the idle is sorted i can tune it properly.

thanks for all replies, problem sorted :)