• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Losi 8ight T

cyronn

Had a nice delivery of 3 hard to get shells in the UK

shells_zps3172868e.jpg

One is for my 8T other for my CRT and one for spare.  Also had some nice adjustable hinge pin holders with some Durango springs and some OFNA wings. 

parts_zpsc051a371.jpg

Just waiting on my BCE chassis to arrive now and probably order some new diff cases with some alu rear diff inserts and a few small other things

I've had my 8T 3 years since starting this thread so probably do a complete rebuild again but this time with pictures (if I remember)  and tell the issues I've had along the way etc

Edited by cyronn
  • Like 1

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/26003/

Here is what i found

B

I've got the Losi conversion kit fitted to my 8T and I need a replacement servo screw securing part (excuse the none technical term lol). Here's a picture I've highlighted of the part I'm trying to describe. I've searched high and low for one but can't seem to find them on their own without having to buy the whole kit again with it. Or is there a mod alternative which is simple to use? I tried using a small nut and bolt but it's sooooo fiddly to tighten with the steering arm in the way etc

2014_05_19_07_34_40.png
image hosting gif

cheers buddy. I found this too but I was hoping for just the little plastic parts circled in the pic. Thanks for advice though. Looks like I might just have to purchase the whole thing lol

• 2 weeks later...

The Losi will work with the BCE chassis, must upgrades are probably the shock towers, Tbone bumpers if you are just bashing it, chassis braces, steel 45T steel spur gear, purple rear spring From there just upgrade what you brake.  I think if you read back in this thread near the start I ask the same question a few years ago.

Believe it or not most of upgrade parts I bought from Amain hobbies in the States.  Gives you move or a choice in one place to order from.

Another place is http://www.modellismofioroni.it/inglese/articoli.asp?gru=1912&cla=19&ricerca=&pag=1 although I have not used them before but you can get some nice Firoroni bits.  Just make sure you order the right part for the 2.0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 8ight TE.

I've Had it quite a while now but only just finished it and had time to play with it which is why it's clean in the pics (not anymore)

Had it out the last few nights and really enjoying it. I've had RC cars on and off for years but this thing flies and handles like a dream.

Running 4s at the moment but might step it up soon.

As you can see my paint design skills are crap but I do get bored with design quickly so I went for a white body so at least I can cover it in decals when I get bored with it.

Didn't think I would ever sell my nitro car but I think I'm going to now, like my car I'm converted.

Thanks to everyone on here who helps and gives advice because without that I would have been stuffed going to electric.

TE-02.jpg

TE-01.jpg

TE-03.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought all mine from Amains in the States.  They have a wide selection on parts which made it easier to buy it all from one place.  Not used these guys http://www.modellismofioroni.it/inglese/articoli.asp?gru=1912&cla=19&ricerca=&pag=1 but they have some nice stuff.  Apex Models used to have a good selection a year ago, not sure now though.

Edited by cyronn

• 3 weeks later...

Quick q, does anyone know if the 3.0 ring gear and pinion for the rear diff will fit straight into the 2.0? 3.0 is 47t-12t 2.0 is 43t 10t

No I don't, have a browse on rctech forum. I'm sure they have the info on there.

Small update on my 8T, since I got the x2 CRT been spending time on that but now have got a Sirus 2200kv and a new Xerun coming. Still a bit sad that Bill passed away from BCE and no one in the family is taking on the business.

• 3 weeks later...

Small update on my 8T, new motor and esc.  Well still an Xerun 150 esc but now has a 2200kv Sirius motor, bought the esc from funshobby already came calibrated.  Saved time for me =].  First time using it since I got my CRT for a few months, not tested it just going to abuse it :lol:.  I'll take some pics at tomorrows bash.

• 3 weeks later...