• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Continued the rebuild, clean and BL conversion of the LST2 / Raminator.

Forwards only kit came today - installed and greased up.

Then, I finally fitted the motor, and the battery holder ....quiet evening.

Al.

i also replaced the brake spring with fuel tube and fitted a alturn usa hight speed throttle servo,put my pull start snapped so i couldent try it.

then tomorow i have to deanodize all the small parts,put 350cst shoock oil in,10k rear diff oil,fitt my 668 carb if it comes and a red clutch spring,and hopefully build it back up.

It was posted first class recorded at lunchtime today mate!

First order for the Losi turned up and will be fitted!

Losi radio tray, savox SV-0235MG, Killer RC 7200mah lipo.

20130219_190213_zpsee223d77.jpg

The lipo seems to have 2 outputs which is great. One will go to the switch for my lights and one will go to the car electrics!

Edited by richarddenton1982

Cleaned and checked over the 5ive

E6D8FFEA-AEFC-4E50-AF40-49B2107761EF-7551-00001246885D02A1.jpg

Replaced broken diff box on the 8ight

5B3D3F87-B094-443D-A3EA-64F62AB79DCB-7551-00001246AFE0F07D.jpg

Still to refit the shock tower ........ But turned Baltic !

• Like 1

Dremelled a couple of hubs to close the bearings a little on my E-Raminator.

All NEARLY complete.

Waiting on E-clips Apex said they sent on Friday ..... don't think so .... we'll see tomorrow.

Runs backwards great!!

Need my works laptop to reverse the motor.

Al.

Well, the radio tray, savox 0235MG and the Killer RC Lipo all came today.

pa4ududa.jpg

u5uja2uh.jpg

Removed the rx box and realised just how crud covered the chassis was!

y5ema6ut.jpg

yze3u9y7.jpg

DarkSoul screws rounded off when I tried to remove them but I did a perfect job drilling them out, no damage to dual mount or to the chassis!

age3yte4.jpg

Servos mounted in the radio tray.

vamaqu6u.jpg

Clean chassis.

I have fitted all of the electrics now. The Killer RC Lipo has 2 rx plugs on it. Presumably one is for connecting to the radio gear and one is for leaving somewhere convenient for charging without disconnecting. Because it's lipo I'm not gonna charge it in the car. Instead im using one lead to power the rx and the other goes to a switch for my headlights. Very convenient! Because they're in parallel there shouldn't be any dimming or flickering when I steer now!

• Like 1

Replaced the hub carrier bearings on the Rustler, the old ones were totally destroyed! Had another look at the Hyper and got the fuel running to the engine again. It's gonna need a serious retune!

had a productive day the lightbulb finnaly turned on lol and done my gears on frankinstine just got to figure out were all the power has gone now lol...sorted out the drifter set it up nice lol just got to take it out and try to drift or smash in to the kirb with style lol...take the 1/10 buggy out tomorow in the forest and test my new dv mini cam yey lol...

u2y4a5eq.jpg

About to fit this lot:

Team Chase CV protectors

Team Chase Steering Arm

Hot Racing Aluminium Bellcranks

Hot Racing Aluminium Servo Saver Arm

Hot Racing Sway Bar kit

Pull Start

Pull Start Prefilter!

Damned good looking kit!

3u2e6y2a.jpg

Bellcranks and team chase link installed. Steering is buttery smooth and very light!

Edited by richarddenton1982
  • Like 2

Well, I fitted all of the new parts. Got some bits I'll list for sale in the for sale thread soon, the darksoul kit complete with a hitec servo being the first!

I had popped a drive shaft on Sunday, upon inspection tonight it turned out that I had actually broken ANOTHER hinge pin. Thankfully I had a spare so the car is complete and up and running.

I really can't believe how much difference the aluminium steering kit plus rhe bearings in the steering link make. It is so quick and so smooth!