• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What did you do to your model today?

stretch

Started building new axles, ran out of bearings, ordered loads of them from rcbearings.  Started grinding Maverick scout diff. pinion to fit SCX10 axle, took ages, they are quite tough.  Nearly finished last custom lower suspension link.

Got my Ebay purchase Hyper mini ST going today, engine runs but doesn't have much compression. Everything apart from bent driveshafts at the front and a leaking shock seem good. I will strip, clean and sort it out while I organise a new engine. Wasn't going to keep it but my boy has claimed it.

Ordered some bits for the Honcho, after not liking the performance with 2.2s, i've decided it looks and trails better on 1.9s so new tyres from RC4WD ordered and 5pc alloys are on back order. Now deciding on a shell, liking the look of the Proline F250 so may plump for that at the end of the week. Then it's the choice of new front bumper...

Got frustrated with the beadlocks on the BB, they don't lock the beads. 

Stripped a thread on one of Carnage's steering arms. Gotta see if I can bodge a fix rather than buy a new pair.

Had a crappy day yesterday and broke the erbe and truggy in minutes, picked up new parts and recharged for today, much better day, hoooge airs and great fun and best of all, no damage.

Fixed the Carnage steering knuckle problem.

Took the rear wheels off the BB and stripped them down and cleaned them. Need to retape the tyres and then I'm gonna glue them to the wheels and just have the beadlock rings as trims. 

cleaned the supastox up and stuck the softer set of tyres on ready for next weeks antics.

cant be bothered faffing around swapping tyres over when i arrive, one set for 2 races and then when grip comes up, the other set for 2 races. 

Sanded links on disc sander to square them up then drilled ends for rod ends and cross drilled two to lighten. Then noticed I should have been home an hour ago and started thinking of excuses....

• Like 1

Put the 40 series Trenchers back on the Revo. On 4s she was constantly flipping onto her roof! Seriously grippy tyres on Tarmac! I might have to employ a bit of punch control, can't believe I'm actually considering that!