• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Rustler vxl

THE TECHNICIAN 07

hi all, just got my first electric model off the bay (as above) :hahadance: it seems to be in excellent condition with a few hop ups rpm rear arms,front bumper and slipper cover. it also came with a fusion lx60 b pro charger. like i say its my first leccy model so theirs a few things i'm unsure off and would like some advice please. firstly the slipper nut can be turned by hand and when the spring is fully compressed the threads dont reach the nylock part of the nut, could this be the wrong spring ? as when jst running it in the street it came loose and clutch started to slip,also their is no washer fitted just the nut :sly: . secondly, which lipo? as it seems slow with standard battery (has 28t pinion fitted).. i have seen some turningy 6000mAh 2s/7.4v 25c-30c for

• Like 1

Great little truck. Upgrades to make as things break, RPM any plastic parts, Alloy steering blocks,

alloy hub carriers and THESE, when the rear drive shafts fail.

I use turnigy 2S 5000mah hard cases and they just about fit in. If you look them up on Hobbyking that will

give you the maximum battery size. For 3s I use Zippys 4000mah hard case (fits with room to spare).

I've got the same charger and its served me well for the last 12 months.

Sound like something is not quite right with the slipper, mine does up nice and tight,

theres may be half a mill of the input shaft sticking out the nut.

As for gearing, I run an MMP with a 4600kv Castle Can. I have a 90 tooth spur with a 19 tooth pinion for 2S and swap it out for a 16 tooth pinion for 3S.

On 2s it will run all day with no real temp issues but on 3S keep an eye on the motor temps.

Great Truck, have fun and bash it till it breaks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

soldered connectors last week and gave it a quick run in street, it's twice as fast with lipo's.. so decided not to go mad until t bones arrived, they landed yesterday so were fitted pronto. took it out this morning and a ninja kerb jumped out and off came o/s/r wheel as the carrier exploded.. think its time for alu upgrades now.