• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

RC FANATICS BANK HOLIDAY MONDAY MANSFIELD DESERT BASH 7/5/2012

mixmasterjay

hi all, went to dessert yesterday afternoon, weather good etc, olny to find metal gates have bin put up on main road in off bypass, farmer tells me that they have told to shut it behind them every time they go in or out, i think they takin the michael, he said its cos they gettin lot of fly tippin etc, but i questioned this tellin him r c guys have permission to access this site , has i been told this by police when up there, but he still would not let me in, was well pi!!!! off, think its owners in the that yard at end decided to take law into there own hands on land that does not belong to them especially the access road in, that is uk coal land, but i think thers access from other side , forest town end, its the lane down to rugby club, but its a really bad track when you get in, deep ruts etc, not good for cars, also think thers alane comin in from mansfield quarry somewhere on southwell lane side but not sure ?

hi all, went to dessert yesterday afternoon, weather good etc, olny to find metal gates have bin put up on main road in off bypass, farmer tells me that they have told to shut it behind them every time they go in or out, i think they takin the michael, he said its cos they gettin lot of fly tippin etc, but i questioned this tellin him r c guys have permission to access this site , has i been told this by police when up there, but he still would not let me in, was well pi!!!! off, think its owners in the that yard at end decided to take law into there own hands on land that does not belong to them especially the access road in, that is uk coal land, but i think thers access from other side , forest town end, its the lane down to rugby club, but its a really bad track when you get in, deep ruts etc, not good for cars, also think thers alane comin in from mansfield quarry somewhere on southwell lane side but not sure ?

Yea, there is another way in, I know me and buzz scouted it out, it is bumpy but not impassable, I'm sure everyone could get down, its not ideal but it does get us right next to sand, he could always take spades and fill the big holes with soil from sides so its easier on cars ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

the barsteads...the only other way now is down past the rugby club,its a bit rough but its passable with care.

ive been down that way a couple of times lately on my bike.... is that the plan for tomorrow then???

+1 on what Wayne said please.

Us in the ikkle cars may struggle a bit, if it's where I tried last year I got scared not far after the golf club.

Please bear in mind, the Police have said they have no problem us being there but we don't have permission off the land owners. I just hope it dries up a bit for tomorrow, it's rank in Nottingham, raining on and off most of the day

wot if we meet up at the tescos on oaktree lane..at 11am ?? then those that dont know were to go can follow us down...

ile go in front and show you all how to do a bit of offroading... :xd:

the weather is sposed to be ok tomorow...

How rough are we talking with this track? If i were to come ill be on my Bandit, so any ideas if i would make it? :P

How rough are we talking with this track? If i were to come ill be on my Bandit, so any ideas if i would make it? :P

if the track is dry then i reken you would be ok,, its not stopped raing today though so it will be muddy with a fair few large puddles...

a land rover would be the best choice of veihcle

if the track is dry then i reken you would be ok,, its not stopped raing today though so it will be muddy with a fair few large puddles...

a land rover would be the best choice of veihcle

Haha, if I had a landrover I would take it, if i had a car i would take it! im stuck with the bike though so might come and give it a shot :P

how long is it roughly?

hmm, ill see what the weather is like in the morning ;)

when the track turns from tarmac to dirt it drops downhill.. not steep... its at the bottom were the mud and rougher stuff starts..

then its a gentle climb up which is also wet and muddy but once your near the top the track turns supriseingly good;

when the track turns from tarmac to dirt it drops downhill.. not steep... its at the bottom were the mud and rougher stuff starts..

then its a gentle climb up which is also wet and muddy but once your near the top the track turns supriseingly good;

Cool thanks for that, I recon it could handle it, a crosser would be ideal but im sure my nice road tyres could handle it :P

As i said, see what weathers like, its 25 odd miles from me so got to make it worth my while ;)

Well there's always Bevercotes at a push

bevercotes is ok but i like it on the sand at the desert.... theres a place in warsop we could try some time..,on oakfield lane just past the council rubbish depot

it was a motorcross track many years ago but its dissused now.. i think it might of been a small sand quarry many many years ago...

so what is the plan tomorow then?? are we meeting up before driving down the new road to the desert

I'm still planning on meeting you at 11, we'll go from there. It's like an adventure as well as a bash :)