• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What brushless rc car to purchase

t5pete

you will need to check out the manual on the esc electronic speed controller settings, as you will probably need to manually set up the esc for a lipo cut off for the lipo batterys, sorry i cant be more help but ive never used that esc before but i would not run it untill a lipo cut off is set. if a lipo battery gets too low voltage it can result in a fire or just a knackered battery hence the cut off when set up properly will save the battery from getting over drained when running.

some speed controllers have a 2 stage cut off eg power drops low car goes slow etc then cuts of completely while others just cut power instantly, their pretty fool proof from my experience of differnt esc's and lipos but the esc needs to be set to lipo mode for the cut off to work :)

Edited by Yrkoon

Sorry yeah i mean the receiver i just thought i had to use the battery pack as it was supplied with it but that makes it brilliant now as i dont need to have it tie wraped to the battery brace.

Thats brilliant thank you regarding the charging.

Im sure i will get there in the end lol

Also ive been reading the e-firestorm thread and it say you have to set the esc to what battery you use where do i do that?.

Cheers

If it's the stock esc it'll be the flux motiv one, does it say MOTIV on the side of it? if so here's some info on it http://www.hpieurope.com/walk.php?lang=en&id=21 as well as some about brushless motors. There should be a section in the instructions for the firestorm on how to set it up.

Edited by stretch

Just managed to find it in the manual i was looking for a switch to turn on but its a sequance you have to to to turn it on.

Ive also got some low voltage alarms coming aswell and ive removed the battery pack.

Cheers.

Edited by t5pete

Bloody hell just had a quick look at them on ebay they are fast

An RC vehicle is only as powerfull as the Motor / ESC combo you put in it. Providing the drivetrain is strong enough to handle what you choose.

And only as fast as the gear ratio you set , and the chosen chassis/wheels ability to remain controllable up to that speed.

Choose a chassis based off the statistics Of Crash Resistance-Durability / Spare Parts Availability / Handling / Drivetrain strength / Drivetrain wear resistance from sand, dirt and water/mud and Value for money for what you get.

Choose Electronics (TX/RX/Servos) and powerplant (ESC/Motor) separately from the chassis based on their own individual merits and suitability for the application.

The Trophy Truggy flux is getting into the territory of 1/8th scale truggies, and theres a lot out there to choose from. So don't blinker yourself into not looking outside of any one manufacturers range of vehicles incase theres something out there you would like more :-)

Is a good truck, tough, but heavy and outdated. Far as I've read it's a rebadged hotbodies lightning. May be better value out there though.

Edited by GorillaZilla

its not as heavy as a hyper st and it is good to be well built when your bashing. only thing that flux needs is 6s and more speed if you ask me.

Hong Nor X2-CRT Pro is suppose to be very strong too. It seems that all of the mild race focused truggies are some of the strongest things around.