• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What brushless rc car to purchase

t5pete

I can't really recommend the Traxxas rustler, I have found out what I can about it, Its a good Car, As good or better as the Firestorm in durability, Along with good parts support. but doesn't have the quality handling the firestorm has.

The main reason I can't recommend it is the price, Its not great value for money. The low power brushed version is the same price as the Brushless High torque 40+MPH Firestorm flux.

And the brushless version that has a slightly better brushless system than the

well every thing is ordered appart form the firestorm i have a few items of my own ending tomorrow on ebay so once the buyers have paid ill get the fire storm.

I might have a go at making my own bumpers but make them from light sheet metal and have a plastic trim round the edge.

The wheelie bar is totally down to personal preferance. It won't keep the front wheels down on the ground under heavy throttle. Just make it scoot along on it's backside like This

Right, I'm off to play some "battlefield rage" X-)

Edited by GorillaZilla

the firestorm has a better brushless system than the rustler (rebadged castle in firestorm). also the firestorm handles better and is alot stronger out of the box :)

A lot stronger? That is subjective and not based on any facts. i agree handling is a bit better but for general bashing the difference is not that noticeable.

well bought all of it now so looking forward to it arriving

Fire storm rc truck

2x 5000 lipo batterys and a set of deans connectors

core-rc UAC50 pro AC/DC Charger,clcler and discharger

Front and rear T-bone bumpers and wheely bar

2x low voltage alarms

Should be a good set up hopefully for just under

Edited by t5pete

the firestorm is a lot stronger than the rustler out of the box......its actually common knowledge

and he should know as he has owned both :yes:

and bashes hard :xd:

As I said before subjective. My brother and I bought our truggies at he same time. He got a firestorm and I the xl-5. Let's just say in the first few months of ownership he replaced more parts than me, particularly at the front end. Since hoping up it isactually the reverse. Subjective.

Well look what all turned up today ive just fitted the ansmann w3.1 2.4 GHZ fhss3 channel radio etc and just waiting on the t bone bumpers and im fully set up then to give it some stick.

Ive also added a picture of the charger and would like to know if i have it set correctly also there is a pic of some brackets etc are these spares that come with it or do they need fitting as it says nothing in the book.

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

And ide just like to say thank you for all the advice every one has given me im sure ill be getting another rc soon lol.

Cheers Pete

Edited by t5pete

Hey-up Pete! You won't EVER need that AA battery holder. Your charger is set up correctly but; you'll need to alter your charge rate (the second value on the display) to match your cells. The bag of parts are different hinge pin holders for making slight alterations to your suspension geometry, a couple of servo arms for differing numbers of splines on the output shafts (of the servos) and those small discs are for varying the damping by altering the movement of oil within the dampers (durr). Okay mate?

Edited by ebo

Brilliant thank you ebo,

lol its the first time ive ever had a rc car and havent got a clue about them, do you happen to know what charge rate i need to set for these batterys zippy flightmax 5000 mAh 2sp1 30c please ZZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack zippy flightmax 5000ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack IPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack

Edited by t5pete

Brilliant thank you ebo,

lol its the first time ive ever had a rc car and havent got a clue about them, do you happen to know what charge rate i need to set for these batterys zippy flightmax 5000 mAh 2sp1 30c please ZZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack zippy flightmax 5000ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack IPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 2S1P 30C hardcase pack

You can charge these @ 1C ie 5A

what do i use tho to power the new transmitter ive put in as that is what came with it form the place i ordered it.

Cheers

Do you mean the receiver? the transmitter is the bit you steer with etc. The receiver is powered by the ESC.

• Like 1

You can charge these @ 1C ie 5A

Do you mean the receiver? the transmitter is the bit you steer with etc. The receiver is powered by the ESC.

Sorry yeah i mean the receiver i just thought i had to use the battery pack as it was supplied with it but that makes it brilliant now as i dont need to have it tie wraped to the battery brace.

Thats brilliant thank you regarding the charging.

Im sure i will get there in the end lol

Also ive been reading the e-firestorm thread and it say you have to set the esc to what battery you use where do i do that?.

Cheers