• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which hyper model ?

HyperRC

havent bothered with my hyper in peices just going to get a new one and sell this one, was set on the hyper 7 black edition but then they dropped the prices and quite fancy the TQ 21 sport now

Is the .28 model actually any faster or is it just more likely to blow up quicker ?

is the 3 port engine .21 more powerfull than the .21 4 port ? i still have a brand new 4 port engine so would be a good spare if i got a TQ 21

if i wanted to could i upgrade to the bigger shocks the 21 black edition has later ?

You won't struggle to "handle" a Hyper!!!!!

Just make sure you take it to a nice open field with no kerbs etc and you'll be fine, you'll soon get the hang of it and more importantly you will love it!

Depends on the outside temperature, how tight the compression is, whether you're using the right heat rated glow plug and how fully charged your glowstarter is mate ;)

Hypers are very forgiving with the handling as long as you have decent shocks on them, the standard black springs on the Hyper 7 .21 and .28 are way too soft and will more often than not cause you to roll through tight cornering on grass.

If you get the Black version, you will be fine in this respect as it has much better shocks and springs.

Buggies are meant for offroad and peform best there, i've yet to see a curb on an open field ;)

Edited by Stock_Nitro

I ran in my .21 4 port on an R/C track in Dartford :) it's not there anymore though :(

Obviously no jumps until it was sorted and tuned, but as long as it's flat and not long uncut grass you should be ok.

Winter weather should mean the ground is hard packed at the moment anyway as long as it's not wet, so you won't be over-stressing the engine by the tyres digging in and you won't be caning it so much that you get wheelspin either ;)

Edited by Stock_Nitro

just worked out i can afford the hyper 7 black edition but was wondering it says on modelsports site that the engine needs extra attention when running in, so what extra do i need to do ?

i can sell my 4 port engine with the carb, head etc to get some money back from the extra cost

also is optifuel rtr 25% fine for running in and tuning ?