• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Might be a stupid question but.....

hebby

Parkzone micro Sukhoi and the Parkzone piper cub have both been tested by myself.

the piper cub is sweet, a shorter prop and better pitch really gives the cub a new lease of life. lipo's are cheap and plenty, would say 4 lipo's would be ideal giving around a couple hours flight.

modding a piper is fairly simple affair, slap in extra servo and plug into the spare rx socket. the wing comes pre marked ready for aerloin fitting and modding.

the Sukhoi is a diffrent kettle of fish. this is one mean beast, fitted with a smaller prop and extra mah cell pack it kicks arse. cubans rolls loops flickrolls all possible, even knife edge flight. only problem is the low slung wing. they are really not for the newbie flyer and the power it produces is amazing this little thing goes pure vertical to a micro dot in the sky. best mod is a new motor from a well known micro heli, and a 3blade prop. the stock prop is a bit lame.

Gliders : really depends on flying you want. myself used to enjoy slope soaring just using motor to gain hight then just finding thermals. always land and take off into the wind. landing you can drop throttle right back and gently bring her down none powered tickover, piper cub is nearly self righting so ideal for newbies unlike low slung wings

small is good but so is a large model, i would say stay clear of a sukhoi untill you have mastered the basics.

Props inc drive shaft+main gear ring / cells / wing / tail / rudder are good spares to own. an cool upgrade to the piper is a larger set of wheels, these give the piper a bushman type look and better rolling.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy