• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Best Ever RC Car?

ed3030

for me... my MBX5TE - yeah shocker right :)

reason being is because i had wanted an 1/8 scale for so long but never had the money nore the gentlemans vegetables to sell my good ol' merv... met all my expectations and exceeded them, i love it.

got some nice choices here already :)

For me it has to be the Traxxas Revo. Nitro, then E-Revo..

Ive had many cars over the years that i have really enjoyed, some have been excellent and exceeded expectations, and i regret selling them,

some just haven't held my interest longer than a couple of months and found their way to the "sale section" here.

Some have been, Frankly, rather dissapointing, yet others rave about them.

But for me, the Revo 3.3 and then the E-Revo (As nitro just got tedious.) have been the most versitile cars i have ever owned...

With a bit of minor tweeking either way, they can go from being run around a track giving any mid market truggy a run for its money, to hardcore bashing and offroad like a Savage, Really is a hugely versitile car.. and as parts are cheap, and even stock its pretty tough, ive loved it every time..

This ^^

The Revo in all it's forms (nitro, leccy or mini) is as far as i'm concerned one of the biggest sleepers in all of RC, most people see it as complicated in construction (it's not, it's just a bit Traxxas :lol: ) and not as tough as a savage (this statement is wrong on several levels)

but i challenge anyone to drive one and not instantly want to own one. i've run Revo's in several guises...insane small block engines to even more insane drop in mid blocks...carbon based truggy set ups to full on short chassis'ed monster wideboy and it's just a winner.

*fanbeard

HPI Mini RS4 or Xray T1M. Those who have driven one of each will know why. Simply the best handling cars I've ever owned and regret selling to this day.

Best RC of all time? Probably something made by Tamiya, they got the vast majority of RCers into the hobby in the first place.

Theres a Xray T1 Mini on the bay at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XRAY-T1-mini-touring-car-chassis-/250925131846?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a6c4da846#ht_500wt_1204

My RC history is-

Tamiya Mad Bull

Kyosho Sandmaster

HPI MT-2

TT MTA4 S50

Baja SS.

The madbull was great in it's day and kept on taking abuse.

The sandmaster was awful, my only memories of this is struggling to start the bloody thing.

The MT2 was great for a while but then I had engine troubles.

So my best has to be between my MTA4 and the baja. My baja has given me some engine issues lately so I'm giving the price to my MTA4, it's taken soooo much abuse and held strong.

i agree that revos are fantastic cars, but i dont have the money to get one!! I prefer cheaper cars that are jam packed with hop ups and lipoo batterys and brushless systems

HPI Mini RS4 or Xray T1M. Those who have driven one of each will know why. Simply the best handling cars I've ever owned and regret selling to this day

The RS4 was my first car :) Also had a nitro rs4 when they came out which i sold on to a mate of mine, his son still uses it now...

Can take that as a vote for them :)

• 2 months later...

my personal best is the hyper 7, i sold it after 4years (longest time i've owned the same car) i bought a 2nd but sold them both afew months later. recently bought a roller made up of new parts which i'll slowly build up to running condition.

slash 4x4 holds the "will not die" title

mini st is my small scale mess around car

tl01 is my new boy

and my baja holds the titles of "most costly" and "most fun", and is also my "shove this in your pipe and smoke it" car...

My favourite was my first 1/8 Buggy, A Mugen Super Sport, Just kept going for years and I only ever broke a shock cap on it.

Also funny how opinions are different, A couple of rave reviews for the HB Stadium Pro, I also had the one with the Alloy arms and thought it was a bag of poo, I thought Some of the worst plastics I had come across at the time.

My first ever rc was a tamiya hot shot and it was so **** that it nearly got me out of the hobby there and then, but i bought a duel hunter a week later whitch was much better. My favorite rc of all time is probably my tt tomahawk st or my first savage, maby even my baja its hard to decide really....

Electric, for me, for pure fun smile on face factor, its got to be the old e-savage twin brushed. I changed to mtroniks waterproof everytime I got one of these and wet or dry it was pure go anywhere fun. You never had enough charged nimhs for them! Nitro, then its got to be HPI Rush, takes 5 minutes to strip and put back together, 5 seconds to get running right, cheapest 40mph nitro fun you can get. Sure there more advanced stuff out there but to start simple is always best.

for me it would have to be my very first RC, 1/14 Tamiya Avante quick drive, i am pretty sure i was the happiest kid that christmas day! then i saved my pocket money up and brought a midnight pumpkin. After that my dad brought me a Schumacher club 10 a couple of years later when i started racing. I just hope I can get my kids to enjoy it as much as i did!

im going to run with the 'first car with the most memories' best theme. hpi firestrom bought back in 2007. almost sold it twice. its now had three motors, and is waiting for the transplant of a new big block. somehow.. when i scrub it up it still looks new :/ i BEAT this truck.