• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Speed Passion GT2 in Losi Ten SCTE?

Funkyfresh

Afternoon all,

Just bought a Losi Ten SCTE and fitted my existing GT2 ESC into it. It seems to run well with the Tekin Pro 4 motor I’m using, but I just wondered whether I’m limiting the performance in any way as most would suggest a 1/8 spec ESC for this truck?

Never had an SC before, and i have to say they are great fun to drive, the Losi is heavy, but planted and goes like poo off a spade...

No, you won't be limiting it, except that you can run more cells with 1/8th esc's. On 2S, it will work as well as (if not better) than a 1/8th esc. Just watch the temps as your GT2 will be working quite hard with that motor.

Thanks Si.. As ever your knowledge is encyclopedic!

I did run the car very gingerly for a few runs, just to be sure the ESC wasn't going to overheat. Its only slightly warm at the end of a run.

The motor on the other had is getting hot, so I’m going to get a fan/heatsink combo for it.

I’m pretty pleased with the GT2, its held up well and was a good recommendation (by you) when i wanted something for my Ultima..It can run 3s with upgraded fan, but the motor cant. TBH the truck is pretty fast anyway, so its not an issue.

Edited by Funkyfresh