• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

What colour fuel pipe do you use

Jason1974

When i bought my hyper 7 the person told me that i needed to blow through the petrol pipe until you see the fuel just enter the engine, so when i tried what the person said you couldn't see the fuel in the pipe as the pipe is the same colour as byron fuel so i don't know how the other person managed. So i'm thinking of buying a new pipe but i was wondering what colour fuel pipe do you use

Edited by natasha

to prime with starter box, put finger over exhaust and give a 2 second blast of the starter , although i never prime when using a starter box, it starts straight away anyway

i tend to buy clear line, although i think my firestorm had yellow when i got it.

the blowing method can be done without seeing the fuel, all you need to do is wait until you can feel the change in pressure caused by the fuel hitting the carb then give an extra wee puff.

personally thought, i currently have a filter/primer bulb setup and it makes life so much easier, prime till it reaches the carb, one extra squeeze and then it'll fire up no bother.

Clear for me ...always. I want to see what's happening!

Having had fuel problems before from a leaking primer bulb, I just blow down the pressure pipe to prime. Being able to see air bubbles in the fuel line tells you you have a problem you might otherwise not detect. I know I am not alone in having fuel line issues, and bubbles in the fuel gives you overheating, poor running and misfires that you will spend ages trying to tune out......