• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Numbers in Castle Creations motor model numbers..?

grumpygramps

Anyone know exactly what they mean..?

I know that, say, in the the 15 series, there was the 1512, 1515, 1518 and 1520, and the higher the last two digits, the longer the can.. But, what do they actually mean, if anything? Are they a measure of something in particular?

I simply must know!!

Cheers, Lawrence :)

The CC motors are based of NEU designs. So I Looked to see what I could find out about them and their Number System for you, Which most people agree is goofy system... Heres a link or two to discussions on the matter that may or may not help X-)

http://traxxas.com/f...Neu-motor-specs

This second one I found appears to be clearer.

http://www.rcgroups....p/t-879081.html

Getting a conclusive answer to the Neu numbering system is as hard as getting an answer to which motor I should look for to replace my old one that failed.

Edited by GorillaZilla

I really am tempted by that Xerun/Leopard combo :good:

Will the xerun come with connectors pre-attached? As it doesn't say anything or show any sign of connectors on the esc...

Theres some kind of bullet connectors on the motor by the looks of it but it again doesn't specify...

They always seem to to avoid mentioning information on what type, if any... connectors are on things like motors and ESC's...

Is driving me Loopy :mf_laughbounce:

I'm also wondering, Would The CastleCreations 1515 2200KV be a better motor than the Leopard LB-4274-2000KV in the link?

What is the CC1515 like for Cogging/Smoothness on a Xerun 150A esc Compared to the leopard?

How easy is it to get new bearings and install them on either motor? As worn bearings are what contributed to the overheating of my old motor....

Edited by GorillaZilla

Both are awesome motors, obviously the Leopard is about half the price or less, you can replace the bearings in each too. Not sure about cogging with the 150A esc, AJ would know though, he used them together. Plug wise the motor comes with 4mm male bullets, ESC I'm not sure, best unsolder the 4mm bullets and put 6mm plugs on all round though http://www.modelsport.co.uk/logic-rc-6mm-gold-bullet-connectors-10prs/rc-car-products/38760

• Like 1

with castle i guess the RMA is america?

i guess you pay the shipping?

you can probably buy an ezrun sc8 motor for almost what it costs to ship one all the way back to america

CC's main distibutor is Logic RC in the UK, so just send it back to them and they will deal with it for you, paying for shipping to America etc.

Cost me £5 to have mine warrenty replaced.

That's the main reason I went with Castle. Sure their ESC's arent super reliable, and they are very expensive but their warranty is second to none.

Also the performance is pretty much the best you can get for the price.

Also they are constantly redesigning their ESCs. One day MMM's should stop blowing up! And if you have a V1 you are entitled to their newest model pretty much.

Only downside is the time it takes to get them replaced, 2 weeks or so.

But consider this, I got a MMM 2200KV combo for £200 delivered to my door.

I could've got a HW 150A and Leopard 2000KV for £135 or so, + a little extra if I get stung at customs. So theres £70 difference give or take £20.

For that, I can get mine replaced easily whenever it goes wrong. For the other combo, good luck with that!

Performance wise, the CC unit will outperform it in every way.

Quality, well need I say more CC units are very well built.

I'm not a Castle fan boy, I know there are higher quality better performing motors and esc's out there, MGM, Lehner etc but for the price, you won't find better performance and warrenty. You may find better reliability but in the long term Castle is better.

As for the model numbers, I always thought it was to do with the rotor.

1515 = 1.5" rotor diameter and 1.5" long.

1518 = 1.5" rotor diameter and 1.8" long.

Edited by revorocks

I'm thinking of just saving up now and getting a Triple |\/| And CC1515 2200KV. Better to buy once and buy right aye?

And should be easier to find new bearings for a CC motor due to them being more widespread and well documented?

As I want to be able to run in the presence of sand, and granite dust so I Imagine I'll be replacing bearings frequently.

I'd Just like to be able to buy a roll of 20 odd bearings and just replace bearings as needed.

Doesn't help much that all the internals of most cars including mine are so open to muck thrown up by the wheels....

Edited by GorillaZilla

I'm thinking of just saving up now and getting a Triple |\/| And CC1515 2200KV. Better to buy once and buy right aye?

And should be easier to find new bearings for a CC motor due to them being more widespread and well documented?

As I want to be able to run in the presence of sand, and granite dust so I Imagine I'll be replacing bearings frequently.

I'd Just like to be able to buy a roll of 20 odd bearings and just replace bearings as needed.

Doesn't help much that all the internals of most cars including mine are so open to muck thrown up by the wheels....

I have a mint CC 1515 (2200kv) motor up for grabs in the for sale section :yes:

Lets have a linky :D

Matt B's selling a CC1515 too, Spoilt for choice :heh:

Just Need to find myself a ESC to drive it with. Don't trust the contestants of the Clone wars so I think I'll be looking for a Triple M :-)

Why do you say triple M, surely it's easier to put MMM lol.

For ESC's I would either go Castle or MGM. MGM's are better made (although more expensive), and Castle have a great warranty.

Tekins are good, but the warranties aren't AS good as Castle from what I've heard.

I'm not saying they are bad, but Castle are hard to beat when it comes to warranty imo.

• Like 1

Lets have a linky :D

Matt B's selling a CC1515 too, Spoilt for choice :heh:

Just Need to find myself a ESC to drive it with. Don't trust the contestants of the Clone wars so I think I'll be looking for a Triple M :-)

Sorry, the motor is already sold.

But I have a brand new unused MMM (my spare one) that I might sell for the right money... :whistling:

Why do you say triple M, surely it's easier to put MMM lol.

Because MMM reminds of Micky D's too much.... Doesn't seem right for something as GRRR as a Triple M :D

About the castle warranty and aftermarket support ect. Is it still as good when buying second hand? Do you need the receipt ect?

Edited by GorillaZilla

As far as I know you will need proof of purchase, but because most transactions are done on the internet a receipt is easy to provide when you are sell an esc.

Just ask for the receipt, if I was sell one I'd provide it for two reasons. 1) so the buyer could see that is was still in the 12 month warranty and 2) so the warranty is valid.

i have wanted to know a similar question! i see some people are running the castle 2200 motor but some cans are green??? and my 2200kv is black??? is my black 2200kv newer or older then the green can? and is there any differences between the colors? lol

i have wanted to know a similar question! i see some people are running the castle 2200 motor but some cans are green??? and my 2200kv is black??? is my black 2200kv newer or older then the green can? and is there any differences between the colors? lol

When you buy the motor separately or in a combo, you will get the green can.

Traxxas sell the black can with the ERBE, so sometimes if you buy a combo off eBay that's been stripped from an ERBE you will get the black can instead.

HPI sell the Savage Flux also with a black can, but it has different fins to the standard one.

The black ERBE can looks cooler than the standard green imo...

Edited by revorocks

When you buy the motor separately or in a combo, you will get the green can.

Traxxas sell the black can with the ERBE, so sometimes if you buy a combo off eBay that's been stripped from an ERBE you will get the black can instead.

HPI sell the Savage Flux also with a black can, but it has different fins to the standard one.

The black ERBE can looks cooler than the standard green imo...

very nice to know budddy! thank you, i think the green can looks much sicker than the black can, but then my fave color is green lol, thanks for your wisdom revorocks, and dont sell your baby!!! :(