• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

suitable servos for my hyper 7 at low budget

rhys161

I now have two of these in mine

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-15kg-High-Torque-Servo-Steer-Metal-Gear-Hitec-wired-/200625947745?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item2eb63d0461

work perfectly, plenty of tourque, when i set my brake to full power and hammer it on at top speed it can lock all four wheels easily, i never have it set to over 60% now, they are quick, strong (i have had my hyper crash and roll wheel onto wheel and the servo didnt blink, i clipped a tree at half throttle with the standard hobao one and smahed it to bits. best bit, you can get one for both steering and throttle brake for your budget

Edited by b_hawk111

I use the Turnigy clone of Power HD 1501MG as a budget servo £10 delivered http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=9617

Seems to do an ok job, although I've lost confidence in the Power HD original after a recent failure. Not just going on an isolated instance - some of my bashing buddies have had consistently short lifespans out Power HD servos.

• 2 weeks later...

A few people on here have reported power hd failures after short time. Might have to invest in some Savox and keep the HD as a spare.

I only use them as a budget servo (on my E-Firestorm for example). On my nitro/race buggies, I use Savox + Ace servos. That said I just had the Savox 1256TG in my Losi 8ight failed right in the middle of a B-final last Sunday. Not happy - LHS is sending it back to CML.

OP is looking for budget servos.

Edited by mrhavana

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYPER-7-8-STEERING-SERVO-ALSO-FITS-KYOSHO-CARSON-LOSI-/220860452910?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item336c4f102e#ht_500wt_1156

As above link, superb item and for a 10er! I can vouch for them I have one and two mates have just fitted them.

Ding dong. :)

• Like 1

Both the MG995's and the non-brand (it's an MG995 really) are totally hit and miss. I started off buying those and at a lot lower price.

The quality is poor, the internals are poor, the reliability is poor.

MG995 became a byword for shoddy rip-off quality. Maybe that was because the market was flooded with possible back-door QC failures but I would stay away.

My experience comes from buying about 10 of them and watching at least 7 muller up. At that price they aren't much of a saving either.

(Just mine and everyone elses experience that ever bought an MG995 - false economy based on time having to replace them so much)

Must admit...I stopped buyin cheap servos too. Especially for throttle/brake. People tend to focus on teh steering as it takes the most load...but the throttle/brake servo is the one you really don;t want to fail....

With something like a Savox 0251 for under £30 giving you 16Kg torque it's peace of mind. Quality servos should last longer and be better value in the long run...not to mention being less likely to die leaving you stuck at full throttle with no brakes until the fuel tank runs dry.....

I didn't realise you could get a decent powered Savox for less than 30 quid tbh. On that basis, it's probably better spending the extra to get one of those. It's the Savox's at 40 and 50 quid that are excessive for bashing in my opinion.

As Nitroholic said, I always put my most reliable servo on throttle. I can live with fidgety steering if it's means I don't have to trust a runaway to an MG995 on throttle duty!!