• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

KYOSHO FAZER DBR9 WON'T START

soane

I was lucky enough to be given a Kyosho Fazer Aston Martin DBR9 over the weekend, I know a bit of it's history, hasn't been used for at least 6 months and may or may not have been broken in. I replaced the batteries in the car and drained the fuel and topped-up with fresh stuff and charged the glow plug heater. I primed the fuel line, gave a tug and it started first time - then died and refuses to start. I added a little trim to open the barrel but this just seems to flood the motor, meaning glow plug out and drain it. The glow plug works OK, glowing nicely in the charger. I downloaded the manual off their website, but being an RTR there is nothing about setting up the carb or even rebuilding it. So let's assume this car is straight out of the box and won't run - where do I start?

After trawling through loads of forum posts, that is the conclusion I came to, apart from warming the engine. The needle screws look about right, ie not too far in or out and there is a 1mm gap on the barrel. I'll try a new glow plug and try and borrow a good heater as well, eliminate these too. It must run as it has an impact scuff on part of the front undertray.

Appear to have sorted this, turns out the glow charger is dead, got a new one today, need to make sure it's fully charged overnight.

Things aren't simple, eh? Dodgy charger, dodgy igniter, still haven't got this started this week!! How long should a 1800 Fastrax take to charge? This seems to be taking forever and a day!

i normally charge mine overnight. these are great cars very fast and lots of fun. there are a couple of sellers on ebay who buy these in bulk and strip them down to sell making the parts cheaper to buy than from the maufacturers. i got a brand new kyosho 16sg engine for £45 new and delivered. this normally retails at £145