• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

Out today and met up with Evmk and his mate. Boy do I feel inadequate with my little 1/10th!!!!

Chilly day and arrived later than expected, but had a little play with my Vantage again.

Not the best of surfaces for me and yet more cartwheels!! End result being a totally broken front suspension bracket.

Learnt some top tips which I need to put into action. Apart from the breakage a nice little runout.

Looking forward to the next one, oh and my new parts!!!

100_0362.jpg

100_0364.jpg

ouch dude, ive hit are vantage pritty hard and have been lucky so far...alltho is not runing at the min as we need a spur gear grrrrrr.

ive found the cause of my starting prob with my fg, i pulled the plug out and its mega gumed up, so a new one in there and ill pop ova hollywells park for a a test later as its pritty much my back yard :)

also tues/wed my new shell could be here, so im off to glaxey models to get some extra mounting posts tomorrow, as the beetle shell needs some at the top rear to stop it rattleing about.

on that note, any one got any tips to stop my rear wing rattleing about its its anoying????

all i can say is GOD DAM IT!!!! my fg is out of action for repairs again, this time its the dam layshaft BB dead and fell apart on sally (my wife) while she was driveing so its a engine out kinda job grrrrrrr......... but on the up side swaping out the spark plug sorted my starting and tuneing issue. and ive found out why its not hit 2nd gear, its coz my muppet who had the car before me has done the gear change grub screw up right in so the leaver is not droping to catch the 2nd gear carryer :banghead:

just hope its sorted before next weekend as now i have to fix that and fit my dam shell grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cussing2:

Edited by Redneck29

TobyH, good effort fella! What's that, second breakage on second run?? Nice bashing fella!!

Marcus, oh dude! You really aren't having much luck with the FG are you mate. You know what mate, give the missus the FG and buy yourself a Badger..... :whistling:

On another note, look what I got today...

2012-01-08165126.jpg

Marcus mate I fell for you...

Is there romance amongst the Ipswich Bashers?? :rofl:

Jason very nice, you taken it out yet? will it be making an appearance at the next bash?

No I haven't took it out mate, needs the pull start sorting and new wheels which I will have as soon as I get around to putting the Desperados on the v2. Not sure if it'll be making an appearance at the next bash, need to do some work on my v2. I've only got 6 days and working 2 days and 3 nights of those?? Need to find time, from somewhere!!

hahha may be :)

nice baja jayj, im looking at swaping the race bread leopard for something more bash happy, like a blakout or a baja 5b/5t.

my mate says that the BB i need looks pritty standard and i should be able to get one from ipswich bearing very cheap, as he says it dont look anything special, but we will see. but if it is i may have to either get it rom glaxey or order one

Is there romance amongst the Ipswich Bashers?? rofl.gif

Damn it busted :xd:

Must say i'm looking forward to our bash on the 15th hopefully my wheelspin order will arrive this week so I can bring the 'rail' out.

me to, ill be rebuilding fg tomorrow as galaxy modals has the bearing i need but have my sisters kids for the day so i cant go out, with a bit of luck my shell will be here and fitted aswell by the 15th

Technically mine was one breakage split over two outings, just a rubbish repair in betweenn!! :whistling:

What sort of time we looking at meeting on the 15th? May have a slight overlap of bookings..

me to, ill be rebuilding fg tomorrow as galaxy modals has the bearing i need but have my sisters kids for the day so i cant go out, with a bit of luck my shell will be here and fitted aswell by the 15th

i have been to Galaxy Models before! bought some tools and a magnetic tray and stuff, its quite good in there! i did dribble over some nice engines! :xd:

New bits arrived today!

Shiney new bits of carbon fibre. Alot tougher than I was expecting so hopefully should last a bit longer. Also got my new charger.

Unfortunately my road wheels arrived as well, and the 12mm Hex part is deeper than the FTX wheels and is too deep for the hubs! Don't know whether FTX are trying to keep me buying their stuff or whether the wheels are poorly made (Fastrax). I can fairly easily grind down the wheels so they are the right depth but its a tad annoying.

To make matters worse I bought a 5000mAh 35C 2S Lipo battery and it has plug in connectors (direct into the battery) and it won't fit into the tray. Not HP.

100_0374.jpg

100_0375.jpg

The battery fits in the tray perfectly, its just the connector wires that don't. Difficult to measure up when you don't have it to start with!

The wheels are for a 1/10th Buggy, the problem is that the FTX wheels have had a small amount taken off where the hex goes into them, whereas the ones I bought are untouched. When you tighten up the nut the wheels push against the hub rather than spinning free because the hex isn't long enough to keep the wheels off the hub.

I'll do some measuring. You would have thought there would be a standard size....obviously not!

last time we met up about 11 so probably the same again

that works for me aswell

i have been to Galaxy Models before! bought some tools and a magnetic tray and stuff, its quite good in there! i did dribble over some nice engines! :xd:

i know the guys in there well thay are allways helpfull, would have been nice for them to temm me thay have a big box of new fg bits before tho, would have raided that by now

New bits arrived today!

Shiney new bits of carbon fibre. Alot tougher than I was expecting so hopefully should last a bit longer. Also got my new charger.

Unfortunately my road wheels arrived as well, and the 12mm Hex part is deeper than the FTX wheels and is too deep for the hubs! Don't know whether FTX are trying to keep me buying their stuff or whether the wheels are poorly made (Fastrax). I can fairly easily grind down the wheels so they are the right depth but its a tad annoying.

To make matters worse I bought a 5000mAh 35C 2S Lipo battery and it has plug in connectors (direct into the battery) and it won't fit into the tray. Not HP.

100_0374.jpg

100_0375.jpg

to get my wheels to fit right and not bind when tightend right up i had to grind down the hex fitting on the wheels so the fitting was a little more shallow and not hit the hub.

to get my wheels to fit right and not bind when tightend right up i had to grind down the hex fitting on the wheels so the fitting was a little more shallow and not hit the hub.

Yeah thats what I think I'm going to have to do. Seems daft that they don't make them a 'standard' size though!