• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Silverstone Moto arena

gmodertom

Hi, I remember about a year ago the mentioning of the moto arena at silverstone. I am going near there soon so I was going to maybe go have a look at it. However the official website has gone dead and I cannot find any other information on it. is is still open????

There's speculation that it may be a temporary thing and could re-open, reading what's been said on the facebook page... Seems like the decision is with the investors and things will come to some kind of conclusion within the next day or so. It doesn't look good though..

There is, Ardent is proof that a permanent indoor RC track can run well. It doesn't make any noticable profit though, and what it does make, gets put right back into the venue in terms of heating, light, rent, track materials and markers etc.

Moto Arena was/is a good example of running things badly, from ridiculous prices (based on expected numbers being crazy high, or through cost of the venue, I'm not sure) to actual design of the place (indoor track is huge, outdoor tracks are comically small).

The difference between Ardent and Moto Arena is that Ardent is run for the community for somewhere to race, Moto Arena is run as a business to make money.

At the moment, its officially on a 2 week break, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it opening again.

Thanks for the information, I was looking forward to having a look at it, its a shame its not worked out. I will have to drive a real car round the Silverstone track instead lol :)

Having done one of the 'Ferrari Experience' things at silverstone, my advice would be look at other circuits, less than 3 laps on the very short Stowe circuit is all you get for

your money. Others may be more expensive but far more track time!

Thanks, we have ditched the last investors who were the real problem, once the business was open they swooped in with idiotic plans, cutting the marketing budget and genraluy alienating everyone, my fault for choosing them as an investor partner, but for the record the failure is down to them, not the business. In relation to your site comment, we are looking at several sites that cost 10% of the rental, and will be purely RC led. It will not be at a race track, as the overheads are astronomical, and without a massive marketing and operational budget would be pointless. Shame, it could have been very different if the investors stuck to managing money and not people.