• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

Got mine out for a run today. Finally everything is in place and running smooth after my radio gear failing at start of summer, then all the issues I had with my 1st castle motor going thermo nuclear on me.

Runs a little hot as I aint using mechanical brake and am geared 17/48, but the motors taking it np and not tripping overheat on ESC. So am happy.

Out again tomoz if its dry :)

Well turns out I did strip out the front hub carrier so I'll be ordering a new set of those. For now though I've made it hold using a slightly larger screw and some washers which seems pretty solid so I'll be taking it out for a test run this morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know about anyone else but in stuggling to find any of the new upgraded parts at the mo so if i do break something on it in about buggered

As for the tessmann edition, a lot of the bits have come from the d812, rear suspension blocks with the pill inserts and pins are from the d812 as are the diffs and all the lightweight suspension parts and shocks. Only bits I can see that are new are shock towers and front and rear hubs and drive shafts.

• 2 weeks later...

is it a common problem that the screws holding the front steering knuckles on fall out? the top one was gone after yesterdays bash

If it's the screw I'm thinking of I had this happening on the Trophy. I put a longer bolt in and put a locknut on the end and viola.

I would start at a 15t pinion and go up in 1 or 2 from there. Found a 20t to be too much for 5s using a 2350kv Trackstar motor.

Tho currently running a Castle 2200kv and 17t pinion which hasnt topped 61c yet so think Im safe there.

Tho this is all 5s, not 6s.

Not the full kit as i run a D8Te Tekno conversion, but interested in new parts. May hunt them down some point as hop-ups :)

Had mine out last week to get my Castle motor properly aligned and running, which I did before shunting it into a parked car and bending my main drive shaft for 2nd time in 2 months. So waiting on new one from U.S. at the moment. Hope its fast-ish as Im off for 2 weeks from tomoz and NEED my D8T!!! :D

What type of terrain do you run on? I can only go 13t - 14t on short grass with a flux Tork on 5s temp at 70c

Yea would be good to see how well yours holds up. My problem with the trophy truggy is the driveshafts bending all the time and the front shock tower bending.

Which driveshafts are the worst for you? I'm looking into alternatives at the mo for the flux.. I reckon center rear hpi 86054 savage 8x142 haven't looked into the rest. Apparently a center brace is a good idea on these to stiffen it up look for Mydoddy69 he has some good info from when he had the flux which are good for the 4.6 too.

Nope they're the pre mounted ones i know everyone says tape them up but i personally haven't had issues with tyres ballooning TOO much so should be fine for me really.

Same here. If you get your diff weights tuned right and don't try and break speed records then ballooning is minimal. I was running 20k CD and bought some proline shockwaves which In did like but ballooned a lot so I took them off and taped them and now they really bite and have too much grip, hate it, and my temps suddenly shot up by quite a lot. I am now going to take the tape off and play with CD weights starting at 50k and see what happens :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey people. Sort of on and off topic. Anyone in the know how with petitions? I just sent an email to HPI and I reckon owners may/may not agree with it. . Email says: Hello there. Is there any chance that the HBS67800 D8T could be put back on sale? Myself and others on forums feel the 113391 - D8T Tessmann Edition is a bit of a rip off price wise for what you get. You would sell a lot more units of the original version because many people would transplant the elecs and engine from their trophy truggy to it because the trophy needs too many upgrades. Consumers would pay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey peeps. If I have a few D8T Tessman ed rear shock towers made from 5mm aluminium would anyone be interested in buying any? or would anyone be interested in buying my 124mm HPI big bores with gold 84mm 70gf springs approx 1hr use? Daz.

Ive had my D8T Tekno for a good few months now and I'm really enjoying it its tough as anything and i only broke one thing which i stripped out so was my fault. Im running Orion Vortex elections so can run unto 6s but am staying on 5s as i reckon thats the best for bashing. Ive been thinking about getting a T-Bone front bumper anybody know the best place to get these? Also i know its a long shot but does anybody have a Shell for the Brushless D8T so without the nitro holes the don't need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...