• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Decided to build a savage flux from scratch! COMPLETED! YEAH!

karlo888

Looking good Karlo, won't be long now! :good:

Personally I'd tighten the nut on the spur gear right up and get rid of any slip. If you do that and you find that the spur gets a bit wonky in its rotation (I've found that can happen), then get rid of the spring, find a washer or two that fit on the shaft (can't remember exactly what size, maybe 5mm internal diametre..?) and tighten the nut right up against them as much as you can.

Cheers Lawrence :)

Yeap, both are nearly there....... ;) and both not cost more than a new one :) Big thank you to everyone, specially Mark :)

Just hoping JE Spares are open to see if I can get the 6.5mm bullet for the leopard ;) maybe also get the mmm program card too :) unless I can set it up manually for the time being :)

I don't understand that tbh... The wires aren't part of the windings that is active within the magnetic field, and they're so short that they wouldn't have any effect on the electrical values of the circuit either, so what could the issue be with cutting them..? If someone knows otherwise then I'd love to be told I'm wrong!

I've cut the wires slightly shorter on my Leopard anyway, and that still works..

Looking good mate.

Do you know what the final build cost was.

Also are your battery box wrong way round? Mine has the clips facing out

Fluclear :- will have to see what I have done wrong?? maybe just the wet ?? need to get a vid up, maybe that will help

Stebro :-will work outthe final cost as I have...erm, 2 fluxes instead of one from everything I have :)

The one that is up and running is not the original but a mix and match from a 25 and flux :) only thing that is 25 is the front and rear end cases, still bp diffs etc :)

The battery boxes are the wrong way round as I did not get clips with these and also for better opening for batteries to get in :)

Edited by karlo888

Ok mate.

I just had mine out quickly for the first time.

4S tarmac tyres down the road. Must resist giving it full throttle as it end up on its roof :yes: